100 Mile House

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: 100 Mile House

Post by Glacier »

There's no way on earth it will get as far as Canim.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Glacier wrote:There's no way on earth it will get as far as Canim.

I hope. Although they do have us on alert. Probably for exit reasons
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

hmmm I recall saying something similar in 03 a week or so later it was in my back yard never say never
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Canim Lake is 30 km from the fire and the fire has really died down the last couple of days.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
anniekate

Post by anniekate »

Unless you absolutely need to do not come up this way. Air quality is bad and changing. resources are limited
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I have to get to Horsefly, so I'll be taking the Canim-Hendrix Lake road. ie. backroads all the way from Hun City.
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote:I have to get to Horsefly, so I'll be taking the Canim-Hendrix Lake road. ie. backroads all the way from Hun City.

Be safe out there!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Glacier wrote:I have to get to Horsefly, so I'll be taking the Canim-Hendrix Lake road. ie. backroads all the way from Hun City.

Report back. Going same way Wednesday
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

There hasn't been any growth on this fire in 6 days. They really need to let people go back home now.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I've been noticing a new fire to the east of Green Lake on the satellite data. Yup, new fire in the 100 Mile area... http://www.100milefreepress.net/news/ne ... reen-lake/
- Douglas Murray
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

you were saying
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

LTD wrote:

you were saying

That it couldn't get that far, and it hasn't. The fire is out pretty much, and hasn't crossed 97 let lone made it the 30km to Canim Lake.

This new evacuation order is the result of new fires started by lightning.

canimlake.jpg
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Yesterday /today =day from hell. Sat on deck yesterday at canim Lake East. At about 4 pm CRACK! of Thunder. All around me. Got so dark it was like night. No rain. Big wind. More Thunder. Ash starts falling from sky, seriously accumulating. 10 pm and neighbors are calling. Hawkins lake fire department has just been called out to 2 new fires. One at Hawkins, one at canim south. I jump in truck and make short drive to have a look. Sure enough there is bright red fire near tops of mountain at south end. Pretty small, not to bad. I head back. While I was gone, evac alert happened. Decide to stick it out. 3 am phone rings. It's an auto dialer from crd. EVAC order. I had 3 boats still to pull out of that lake by hand. Working quickly I managed to get everything packed. Power to entire lake goes out. No less than 3 more vfd patrols making their rounds to ensure everyone knows. Heading back out the fire was moving quickly. 4x the size in the hours since 10pm. Steady stream of vehicles heading out. I just walked in the door
WW
Iamsomeone
Fledgling

Post by Iamsomeone »

Stressful time for you tsayta! So glad to hear you got out okay though.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

NEWFIRE.jpg
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”