Want to buy some pot?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Re: Want to buy some pot?

Post by StraitTalk »

impunity,

Exactly which is it that you have a problem with? That pot is on its way to being decriminalised and more accepted in culture in general, or that local business' are being allowed to operate in a grey area?

We can argue all day and night about the morality of using pot but at the end of the day the current legality of the drug is not aligned with the legality of other drugs (pharmaceuticals, alcohol, tobacco etc).

I grew up being taught that marijuana is a terrible, life-ruining gateway drug that will inevitably lead to me in an alleyway somewhere with insects seemingly crawling under my skin. DARE has in recent history changed the way it views and educates on that particular drug which is progress.

You seem convinced however that anyone who uses it or is associated with it is immoral and that's totally fine, but totally wrong - and kind of ignorant. I am supportive of the end to the drug war, in putting the income around pot sales into the hands of our government to do things like properly educate youth on the effects as opposed to the hands of criminals.

I think the answer to one of your first questions, why are these places allowed to operate, is that "the system" really doesn't see the value in cracking down on it anymore. You might disagree with that, and again that's okay.
Tack

Post by Tack »

a
Last edited by Tack on Aug 3rd, 2018, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Legalisation of not only marijuana but other drugs can have positive effects, such as putting it out of the hands of people who can't afford to live in the first place and the money saved can be spent rehabilitating and treating mental illnesses.

Return to “Social Concerns”