Frustrated with store meat

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Re: Frustrated with store meat

Post by fvkasm2x »

Way to necro a 7 year thread QK. Impressive lol
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:A few days ago I picked up some steaks from Costco (first time purchasing them there). Combined with my superior BBQ skills, this was the best steak I have ever eaten. No kidding. The cut was phenomenal (in terms of fat, texture, etc...) and my wife said the same thing before I even started commenting about dinner. Not sure if I got lucky or if they are always that good, but like I said.... phenomal meat!

Enjoy the huge set of man-boobs you're gonna grow from eating that estrogen-laced crap.

Thank you fvk,

Did you ever, errr get estrogen feuled man-boobs as GF kindly indicated in his own indelible way? [icon_lol2.gif]
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Guess you never read the forum about how Costco needles their meat and you need to cook it well done
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

One of the main reasons I revived this thread is to bring about an up to date information session on where to find organic meats if one isn't out hunting and fishing. It wasn't really the bear meat subject that got me here, when one inputs subjects into the search engine, all kinds of threads pop up, but this one is something I've been ruminating on lately.

I grew up on vension, grouse and fish caught in mountain lakes. Not to say we didn't have the others.

But lately I've noticed we're not liking what we have bought in regular grocery stores or Costco. I recoil at buying chicken here. Okanagan Poultry is my main go-to chicken supplier out in Falkland. They are growing baby mean chicks right now. No junk in their birds!

So who is the latest supplier and where does one go these days? :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Urbane Farm I think it's called on KLO advertised chickens
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Bubalouie wrote:Guess you never read the forum about how Costco needles their meat and you need to cook it well done

I do my best cooking when I'm well done !

Bear in the slow cooker with true Canada Dry Ginger Ale is fantastic !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
tegaan1

Post by tegaan1 »

Big bear ranch is an amazing organic farm. They grow pork and beef mainly. He has won awards for sustainability. He delivers to the lower mainland and the okanagan 1 x a month. You can order as much or as little as you want. This is a family farm and I would recommend themover anyone else. I raise my own organic chicken so can't recommend anyone there.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Which of the meat stores here has great prices and supplies? Like better cuts of roasts and steaks?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

great question :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Queen K wrote:Which of the meat stores here has great prices and supplies? Like better cuts of roasts and steaks?

I personally like places that are one stop shopping, on Spall: T-Bones, Quality Greens, Cobs Bakery or in Rutland: Johnny's Meats, Old Town Market and Specialty Bakery.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Queen K wrote:One of the main reasons I revived this thread is to bring about an up to date information session on where to find organic meats if one isn't out hunting and fishing. It wasn't really the bear meat subject that got me here, when one inputs subjects into the search engine, all kinds of threads pop up, but this one is something I've been ruminating on lately.

I grew up on vension, grouse and fish caught in mountain lakes. Not to say we didn't have the others.

But lately I've noticed we're not liking what we have bought in regular grocery stores or Costco. I recoil at buying chicken here. Okanagan Poultry is my main go-to chicken supplier out in Falkland. They are growing baby mean chicks right now. No junk in their birds!

So who is the latest supplier and where does one go these days? :D

You could try Vale Farms - I hear they're quite good. http://www.valefarms.com/products/order/

And if you want pheasant or deer, try these guys http://canadaspecialtyfood.ca/index.php/directory/item/north-okanagan-game-meats
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Social Concerns”