Gas Prices.

Whyme2
Übergod

Re: Getting gouged by the GAS BARONS again

Post by Whyme2 »

Camping In the Okanagan isn't cheap either. What will you do?
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Whyme2 wrote:Camping In the Okanagan isn't cheap either. What will you do?

Not in that situation but from what I see around my building I moved to there are lots of people living in vehicles. Doesn't look that pleasant.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Sparki55 wrote:
Bsuds wrote:They make their profit in the store and the gas barely covers the bills.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/203402/another-kick-in-the-gas-tank
This guy makes between 12 to 14 cents a litre, this isn't barely covering the bills, it's making a nice profit.
If a station can have 15 customers an hour during normal daylight hours, thats 15 X 12 hours or 180 customers a day. On average say a customer buys 40L of fuel so they sell 180 X 40 = 7200L a day. Multiply by 14 cents thats $1000 a day. So $30,000 a month or $360,000 a year. Seems like some good coin to me. Sure there are operation costs on top of that but i'd say those costs are covered by all the stuff they sell in store.

Haven't read anything past this post, but..

"If I'm a gas station owner, I was selling gasoline for about $1.09.9 a litre before the increase yesterday. I was buying gas at $1.02 to $1.04, so I was making about four to six cents a litre, which is unusual for Kelowna. It's usually about 12 cents," said McTeague.

If this is true, then you have to factor land lease, staff, all costs associated with a business in that measly 'Profit'
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
westbankkid
Übergod

What excuse Okanagan gas stations will use to raise prices

Post by westbankkid »

I wonder what their excuse will be to raise gas prices in the Okanagan this time. Hurricaine Harvey??? Not very likely. oil prices are going down fast. Long weekend ??? Hmmmmm. Maybe they will go down. Nahhh!! Too much to hope for here.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: What excuse Okanagan gas stations will use to raise pric

Post by GordonH »

:popcorn:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Who says they need an excuse. You don't like it, don't buy it.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

rookie314 wrote:Who says they need an excuse. You don't like it, don't buy it.

Owner of about 10 stations needs a winter vacation?? Just one long weekend, he has enough to take all his family!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup, thats about it
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

fill up people, long weekend almost here
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

rookie314 wrote:Who says they need an excuse. You don't like it, don't buy it.

If the debate here was about the trip cost of a vacation to the Bahamas, I'd agree with you. What we are debating is something people rely on to get to work and buy groceries.
rookie314
Übergod

Re: Gas Prices.

Post by rookie314 »

Doesn't matter about the debate. My response is the cold hard fact.
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

Sparki55 wrote:What we are debating is something people rely on to get to work and buy groceries.

Most people could walk, bike, take a bus, carpool, etc etc etc if they really wanted to.

Most people don't do any of those things even though they could. Its way easier to just buy gas anyway then complain on the internet.

Funny how some people confuse reliance with convenience.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

slootman wrote:I wonder how much milk price variance there would be if grocery stores advertised the price on giant streetside billboards..

I spend a lot of time in other cities/regions in Canada and the US - almost every other town I travel through, the price of fuel spreads 5, 10, 15, 20 cents a litre across town. Just a quick example, the other week, Edmonton showed a spread of 10 cents a litre across the stations in town - anywhere from 89.9 to 99.9 per litre depending on where you chose to fuel up.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

dont know about today..but yesterday in Oliver i fueled up @ 114.9 at Chevron. Friend of mine came back from Omak at chevron for .779 US
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Its official, hurricane Harvey has reeked havoc amongst Kelowna gas stations.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... t-the-pump

Return to “Central Okanagan”