'Mark of the beast?' Microchipping employees

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

'Mark of the beast?' Microchipping employees

Post by averagejoe »

'Mark of the beast?' Microchipping employees raises apocalyptic questions

NASHVILLE — The apocalyptic "mark of the beast" prophecy in the Bible makes some wary of a Wisconsin company's recent decision to embed microchips into the hands of willing employees.

The end times account in the New Testament's Book of Revelation warns believers about being marked on the right hand and the forehead by the Antichrist.

But inserting rice-sized microchips under the skin of Three Square Market employees does not fulfill the prophecy, said Chris Vlachos, a New Testament professor at Wheaton College in Chicago.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 541869001/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: 'Mark of the beast?' Microchipping employees

Post by Queen K »

What happens when willing goes to ------------->unwilling? And then loss of employment.

It's coming and it's going to happen.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Yes, because goat herders had any concept of binary, computers, space travel,GPS and the like. Considering "prophecy" some thousands of years later is hindsight, and open to interpretation. We can start on your god if you'd like?
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Let's not.

But goat herders were pretty accurate, were they not? :up:

Did you know that complete cashlessness is being piloted in India? And some stores are no longer accepting legal tender but demanding debit or credit cards?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

LOL

Bible thumpers think anything is a sign of Apocalypse - microchips, heavy metal music, low fat yogurt.

Why even pay attention to them? Not like they ever said anything productive besides "WE HATE BLACK PEOPLE, WOMEN, HOMOSEXUALS, PEOPLE OF COLOR, LIBERALS, HUMAN RIGHTS, AND SHORT SHORTS!!!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

OH NO, Even Steven, I'm not a Bible Thumper by any means, I just find what is happening today oddly in line with predictions. Did you ever read Mother Shipton?

Averagejoe and I are far apart in some ways, but not in this one. k? low fat yogurt lol, that one was funny.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

The mark of the beast in your SIN number. You are branded at birth with that one. Be afraid, be very afraid.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Queen K wrote:Let's not.

But goat herders were pretty accurate, were they not? :up:

Did you know that complete cashlessness is being piloted in India? And some stores are no longer accepting legal tender but demanding debit or credit cards?

You mean these goat herders?
Totally accurate! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qniwI2hNhDs

And yes I did know that. I can argue that currency bills have numbers on them too and with out that mark, a person can't buy anything either.

It could also be interpreted as cliffy suggested.

Where are microchips ever mentioned in the prophecy?
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

It's a bit of a stretch to think that the Christian bible "called it". It called a branding on the forehead and hand. Would the religious back down if the chip was inserted into the lower wrist instead? I doubt it. I suspect they would change their tune to say that the branding of head and hand was a metaphor and that the wrist is also a mark of the antichrist.

I think the real issue is that people are afraid of big brother and are invoking their religious beliefs as a justified defense.

For me, chip my hand all day long. Don't care. Track my movements, my spending habits, my private activities. It would be so boring for whoever wanted to spy in on me. :)
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

youjustcomplain wrote:It's a bit of a stretch to think that the Christian bible "called it". It called a branding on the forehead and hand. Would the religious back down if the chip was inserted into the lower wrist instead? I doubt it. I suspect they would change their tune to say that the branding of head and hand was a metaphor and that the wrist is also a mark of the antichrist.

I think the real issue is that people are afraid of big brother and are invoking their religious beliefs as a justified defense.

For me, chip my hand all day long. Don't care. Track my movements, my spending habits, my private activities. It would be so boring for whoever wanted to spy in on me. :)

Well to be fair, the bible is one giant metaphor, that's where I don't get micro chipping as a prophecy. Really, it can be argued that all prophecies are self fulfilling because they all are based on human natural behaviour and environmental cataclysm. It's predictable. Sometimes they may hit a date or place, which is always argued from the interpreters pov, probably not statisically unfeasable. after all, we have better odds of being struck twice by lightning than winning lotto.
Hell, the Simpson's predicted things too that actually came to pass- I think I'll start the church of homer Simpson based on the writings of people I never met spoken into their ears by Groening.

From my perspective, it's not big brother, it's corporate entities collecting meta data, who they sell it to, and those that steal it from them. Consider the ramifications of that- identify theft, targeted theft based in known where abouts, most frighteningly, where your kids are, their schedule, school, known affiliations... I think you know where I'm going with that.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

The mark spoken of in Revelation has nothing to do with microchipping. Sorry to say, but most of you already clearly have the mark. I'm trying to erase it from my hands and forehead, but its a struggle.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Opeeved wrote: Really, it can be argued that all prophecies are self fulfilling because they all are based on human natural behaviour and environmental cataclysm. It's predictable.
Give me one good example? Are the march of world powers described in the book of Daniel over 2500 years ago self fulfilling and based on natural human behaviour? I would venture to say, you have heard other people say the what you stated and now are repeating it. It is very common. You will now run to Google and do a quick search to find what can back up your claim. The reason is; you didn't really know any examples before you were called on it. you just are repeating, like I just repeated myself.

PS: What you will find on Google will be many people repeating the false claims others before them also repeated. The Bible is a book of prophesy and in fact, most have been fulfilled already, so it can be called a book of fulfilled prophecy and although I have been studying it for over 30 years, I know of no prophecies such as you described that could easily have been a prediction based on natural human behaviour.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Hmmm wrote:The mark spoken of in Revelation has nothing to do with microchipping. Sorry to say, but most of you already clearly have the mark. I'm trying to erase it from my hands and forehead, but its a struggle.

Hmmm, would explain what the "mark" is to you? :admin:
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Queen K wrote:

Hmmm, would explain what the "mark" is to you? :admin:
I sent you a brief explanation in your inbox.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Hmmm wrote:
Opeeved wrote: Really, it can be argued that all prophecies are self fulfilling because they all are based on human natural behaviour and environmental cataclysm. It's predictable.
Give me one good example? Are the march of world powers described in the book of Daniel over 2500 years ago self fulfilling and based on natural human behaviour? I would venture to say, you have heard other people say the what you stated and now are repeating it. It is very common. You will now run to Google and do a quick search to find what can back up your claim. The reason is; you didn't really know any examples before you were called on it. you just are repeating, like I just repeated myself.

PS: What you will find on Google will be many people repeating the false claims others before them also repeated. The Bible is a book of prophesy and in fact, most have been fulfilled already, so it can be called a book of fulfilled prophecy and although I have been studying it for over 30 years, I know of no prophecies such as you described that could easily have been a prediction based on natural human behaviour.

Well, if you read all my posts here it might give you a clue. Nope, not interested in running to Google. I neither have to back myself nor prove myself, just like you don't.

You can believe your book written by man. I simply don't.

As for an example of predictable metaphor prophecy, here's a choice one- apple doesnt fall far from the tree. True then as it is now, only several hundred thousand years in the making.
I predict that the son of a violent criminal drug addict, whom was abused, will likely turn out to be a violent wife beater and addict himself.

If you haven't gleaned from my posts, im an analytical, scientific atheist that doesn't believe in creators or gods; yours is but one of thousands throughout millennia.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”