Main Street opening soon

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Main Street opening soon

Post by Anonymous123 »

pentona wrote:Looks like the Peachfest Parade on August 12th will be changing its route. Perhaps the narrowing of Main Street was not the way to go and if it continues on up to the 600 block, maybe they should hold the parades down at the South end of town in future. So much for watching it from Gyro Park area.

Here is a bit from an article in the H_rald paper tomorrow, quoting Parade chairperson Teresa Kendall:

The 90-minute parade will begin at its traditional spot outside the Penticton Public Library on Main Street. Instead of marching forward at the 600 block on Main Street, the parade will make a left turn onto Wade Ave. W. and then another at Winnipeg Street. The parade will then proceed down Winnipeg to Lakeshore Drive and turn left to begin the final leg. The traditional end at the SS Sicamous will remain the same.

Kendall said with the first two blocks of Main Street now covered in bricks it made it impossible for the motorcycle team to do tricks. The downtown shrinks from three lanes to two at the 200 block which would have been a challenge for the large floats and marching bands. (This also proved to be an issue during June's Beach to Peach Cruise.)

Anybody go see the parade from Winnipeg St.? How was it?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Darkre
Board Meister

Post by Darkre »

southy wrote:Agreed Twobits - just last week I was downtown in the 400 block (that is downtown isn't it?) Anyways had to take a pee - couldn't find a public washroom so had to take the bus down to Gyro Park. Wondering though - didn't I read somewhere back in the spring that the city was investing thousands to build a public washroom for downtown? What happened to that? No portables? And guess what ... summer 2017 is quickly coming to an end. Always next year I suppose. Yea right!

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/197985/New-washrooms-downtown
Built, just not where you were looking
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Wont take long for the crack heads to steal the stainless steel fixtures for the scrap yard if the drunks don't destroy it first.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

twobits wrote:Wont take long for the crack heads to steal the stainless steel fixtures for the scrap yard if the drunks don't destroy it first.

*removed*

I want to ask you (twobits) and (southy) what your ages are. I assume you are both born and raised in Penticton.
Last edited by ferri on Aug 21st, 2017, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Thanks Darke, but something tells me it isn't officially open yet. Can't wait for the official opening sometime in December ... you'll hear the screaming from those folks trying to pry their pretty little *bleep* off the stainless steel toilet seats [icon_lol2.gif] .
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

southy wrote:Thanks Darke, but something tells me it isn't officially open yet. Can't wait for the official opening sometime in December ... you'll hear the screaming from those folks trying to pry their pretty little *bleep* off the stainless steel toilet seats [icon_lol2.gif] .

No, don't think there was every any thought about keeping them open in Winter; late Fall at best. Apparently the City must think that in Winter "Nobody has to go". [icon_lol2.gif]

Director of operations Mitch Moroziuk told council the aim would be to leave the toilets open as late as possible during the tourist season, while during winter it would close earlier.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

XT225 wrote:
No, don't think there was every any thought about keeping them open in Winter; late Fall at best. Apparently the City must think that in Winter "Nobody has to go". [icon_lol2.gif]

Director of operations Mitch Moroziuk told council the aim would be to leave the toilets open as late as possible (in the evening) during the tourist season, while during winter it would close earlier (in the day).

I added the bold to clarify what I thought the sentence was intended to say. Maybe I'm wrong?
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Bunnyhop wrote:
I added the bold to clarify what I thought the sentence was intended to say. Maybe I'm wrong?

You could be correct, bunnyhop; lets hope so. I didn't think they were going to be HEATED though, so that would mean shut off during winter months. Time will tell. The city isn't known for disclosing full info until pressed further.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

onestop67 wrote:[
Oh *bleep* off.

I want to ask you (twobits) and (southy) what your ages are. I assume you are both born and raised in Penticton.

Bleep off yourself. Am both young enuff to see what kind of drug dependent losers are wreaking havoc with local crime rate stats and old enuff to put two and two together for a conclusion. Check out this high priced bathroom in one years time and tell us if you would sit your *bleep* on the seat.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

onestop67 wrote:
twobits wrote:Wont take long for the crack heads to steal the stainless steel fixtures for the scrap yard if the drunks don't destroy it first.

Oh *bleep* off.

None of your business! And Nope!
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 21st, 2017, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 21st, 2017, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: word censor workaround/personal attack
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 21st, 2017, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Holy Monkey Poop!!! This is better than trying to spot a sasquatch! Finally got downtown since I avoided it due to street closures etc. Unbelievable!! I don't have words to express it! Two count them two - that's 2 portapotties in the 400 block. Easy to spot as well - bright blue and if you look at the parking space in front of them it says ... are you ready for this ...
TOILET!! The question is were these placed there because of the ITU or did the city finally realize Penticton is still living in the dark ages when it comes to providing public washrooms in the downtown core? Something tells me that these were placed for the convenience of ITU participants not visitors and residents who cater the downtown. And here I was about to compliment those over at city hall! What the hell was I thinking. Enjoy them while you can folks.

Return to “South Okanagan”