Hwy 97 Fatality

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Hwy 97 Fatality

Post by bob vernon »

That cowpath of a highway from Armstrong to Sicamous will never get fixed up until the provincial constituency along it becomes a swing riding. By voting so consistently for one party forever, they never have to do anything about the highway. The NDP have written off the Shuswap, so don't expect them to fix it. The Socred/Liberals could run a donkey there and still win, so don't expect them to fix the highway, either.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bob vernon wrote:That cowpath of a highway from Armstrong to Sicamous will never get fixed up until the provincial constituency along it becomes a swing riding. By voting so consistently for one party forever, they never have to do anything about the highway. The NDP have written off the Shuswap, so don't expect them to fix it. The Socred/Liberals could run a donkey there and still win, so don't expect them to fix the highway, either.

2 areas of great expense to 4 lane will be:
1) From drive-in south of Enderby to northside of Enderby (dealing with FN & then buying up land needed)
2) all along Mara Lake to Sicamous.

If 4 laning does happen thru Enderby, I suspect it will be similar to West Kelowna city core. Southbound remains as is & northbound uses the old rail tracks. That's just my thoughts
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

The highway between Armstrong and Sicamous is fine the way it is - doesn't need to be 4 laned for a few weeks of tourist season. Armstrong to Enderby is nice and straight, lots of good visibility and 100km/h as it should be. Enderby to Sicamous, just drop a gear, put both hands on the wheel and enjoy the thrill of actually driving a car.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Dizzy1 wrote:The highway between Armstrong and Sicamous is fine the way it is - doesn't need to be 4 laned for a few weeks of tourist season. Armstrong to Enderby is nice and straight, lots of good visibility and 100km/h as it should be. Enderby to Sicamous, just drop a gear, put both hands on the wheel and enjoy the thrill of actually driving a car.

I hear ya Dizzy1, every X many years MOTI continues to 4 lane that highway. Which will probably continue as they eventually have it 4 laned from Sicamous/Trans-Canada to the US border.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “North Okanagan”