Costco

postie

Costco

Post by postie »

Cashier at Walmart told us that Costco is building near the airport. Can anyone confirm?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Costco

Post by GordonH »

postie wrote:Cashier at Walmart told us that Costco is building near the airport. Can anyone confirm?

Rumor is they are looking for a bigger location, no idea where that location maybe.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

This Rumor has been going around almost as long as the IKEA coming to Kelowna one.

We have relatives who work at Costco and they know nothing! (that's normal for them)
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Ummmm, by the Vernon Airport? Or is this in the wrong forum?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Good point, I didn't notice this is in the North Okanagan threads.

Where is the OP talking about?
spooker

Post by spooker »

The rumours I've heard have them moving out near the Kelowna Airport so they can add a gas bar ... lots of good reason for it but I hope they get the Rail Trail finished out to there if so ... would like to continue having a safe cycle route to it (currently using Rails w/ Trails, down Dilworth, out Baron) ...
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

postie wrote:Cashier at Walmart told us that Costco is building near the airport. Can anyone confirm?

that's the rumour from last year KELOWNA airport not Vernon;; the area that I was told about theres been a lot of excavating and surveying and all that stuff there since early spring 2017 ;; its large site so I believe that's where costco,s moving to
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

That rumour has been around forever. There was also a rumour costco owned land in vernon near rona or superstore.
It makes sense to build by kelowna airport and add gasbar but I'll believe it when I see it.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

jasond_71 wrote:There was also a rumour costco owned land in vernon near rona or superstore.

Its not a rumour. The land is next to where the IKEA is going which is across the street from planned Olive Garden and Red Lobster
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

:laugh:

So this thread needs to be moved to either Laugh in or the Conspiracy sections?
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Ha ha good one but I'd really like a red lobster. Is there even one in BC anywhere?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

jasond_71 wrote:Ha ha good one but I'd really like a red lobster. Is there even one in BC anywhere?

nope.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

jasond_71 wrote:Ha ha good one but I'd really like a red lobster. Is there even one in BC anywhere?

I was in the Toronto one a couple of times years ago with my kids. It was horrible, low end, grossly done seafood dishes......but YMMV. :biggrin:
You and 71 others Like this post
squash junky
Fledgling

Post by squash junky »

LANDM wrote: It was horrible, low end, grossly done seafood dishes......but YMMV. :biggrin:

I could think of a few more, but yes all that too.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Yes they are looking to build an new store with a gas bar. The location is across from the Kelowna Airport in the Pier Mac site. The city of Kelowna is giving them an extremely difficult time in making this happen. I have this on good authority, i.e its not a rumour.

Return to “North Okanagan”