Back Pain Treatment

Business and professional recommendations.
boxman180
Fledgling

Back Pain Treatment

Post by boxman180 »

My wife has had lower back pain off and on for the last twenty years. What are some treatments that have worked for you and who do you recommend that she go see? She hasn't been overly impressed with chiropractic care over the years. She is
thinking maybe acupuncture. Is there a clinic in town that offers multiple kinds of treatment?
Opeeved
Fledgling

Re: Back Pain Treatment

Post by Opeeved »

What kind of back pain?chiros don't help much unless aligning is needed, especially in 15 min intervals/sessions. . Ive found intramuscular stimulation IMS very helpful for my old whiplash injury and muscle spasms. Good ole massage therapy is excellent for tight muscles; works all the oxygen deficient blood out.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

I liked Danielle at Wave physio
Therapy in the mission. Haven't been for a few years so don't know if she's still there.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

boxman180 wrote:My wife has had lower back pain off and on for the last twenty years. What are some treatments that have worked for you and who do you recommend that she go see? She hasn't been overly impressed with chiropractic care over the years. She is
thinking maybe acupuncture. Is there a clinic in town that offers multiple kinds of treatment?

Greg Smith at Kelowna Physiotherapy. Superb. Very knowledgeable.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Have to visit your family doctor first to determine the cause, whether it is muscular, nerves, or arthritis or something else. Without knowing the issue, you may accomplish nothing.
Saying that, my wife has tight muscles in her shoulders and had some IMS treatments (needles in to muscles to relax them). You have to know if you are just treating the symptoms or the cause. The IMS gave her some relief although not permanent. Still, her shoulders are always tight, and a recent x-ray suggests beginnings of arthritis which may trigger these symptoms.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Referrals”