Cigarette Buttts?

uniped

Cigarette Buttts?

Post by uniped »

I just read an article about a police officer issuing a ticket for a driver who through out a cigarette butt because his car was new and had no ash tray. The auto industry needs to make a change in new autos. All new auto's should have a built in smoke detector that disables a vehicle in shutting it down once it detects cigarette smoke. It is a pretty simple thing to do. Then they would have to get out of their car to finish it and then it stands a chance to be stomped out.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Cigarette Buttts?

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Surely to goodness he noticed the car didn't have an ashtray in it when he bought it (as if ashtrays haven't disappeared in cars over the last 20 years).
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I'll give the guy an A for effort on the excuse but and F(and a u) in actuality.

Should have gone with the full fine, there is no lack of ashtrays in cars. any old coffee cup, pop can or as a smoker you already know you will need an ashtray at some point and have your own portable one as most guys I've met have. Seen very few use the actual ashtray ever to be honest.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh please Veovis, don't bring thinking into this matter. Seriously dude.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What happened to the $2,000 fine for littering?
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Driving back from the coast yesterday. Twice we were behind vehicles where I noticed the driver had the window down with his arm out holding a cigarette. Waiting, waiting and sure enough out went the smoke. no trees to speak of on hwy 1 around 232nd but plenty of dry grass, Called it in to RCMP. don't know what happened.
About 20 min later a delivery truck with drivers window down and hand/arm out with butt. Same thing, dropped it. Again called RCMP and the company as it had one of those " how's my driving" stickers on the rear. The company's call center might be some where's in the US south.

I can just imagine the fire trucks blocking an already busy hwy while they put the fire out...Didn't hear of anything in the news so guess no consequence.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I saw a guy throw a cigarette butt out the window on Benvoulin yesterday afternoon. I thought about reporting him to the police but it landed in a sandy area right next to the boulevard so I didn't think there was any chance that it would start a fire. I have to wonder if this guy does it all the time though. Old, beat up white van with a Capital News sticker on the back.
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

techrtr wrote:I saw a guy throw a cigarette butt out the window on Benvoulin yesterday afternoon. I thought about reporting him to the police but it landed in a sandy area right next to the boulevard so I didn't think there was any chance that it would start a fire. I have to wonder if this guy does it all the time though. Old, beat up white van with a Capital News sticker on the back.

Guaranteed he does it all the time, responsible smokers will NEVER toss a cigarette out the window any time of the year, they will use an ashtray/bottle, etc. If some yahoo is throwing the smoke out in town they are also throwing it along the highway. Try to get the license plate next time and report them, these idiots need a fine so they learn it is NEVER acceptable to toss the butt out the window, even if it's raining for a month there is no need to toss any garbage/butts out the window.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

There is a beach access new Gyro Park. Nice playground area for kids, two cement picnic tables in the sand. ONe of them is surrounded by cigarette butts. Clearly someone or people sat at the table smoking and just threw them in the sand.

Why?

And so when I say, "heck just ban smoking" does that make me stupid or just reactive? I may have said some silly things over the years here, but I do work with severely damaged people who smoked for years and years. And that includes my own dad and mom. I never smoked except for their second hand smoke. I can tolerate it but only just so much.

But I hope no one ever thinks that just because I type how I feel, that I think it would ever be a reality in fact. Cigarettes will never be banned. We can just hope future generations will be smarter.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Should be treated as littering, aggressively and with steep fines. It wouldn't totally eradicate the problem but in short time people would be more aware as to where they dispose of butts. Some places it's really nasty.

I'm amazed makers of tobacco products aren't told by governments to come up with some reusable filter per pack or some kind of product that biodegrades quickly after use, who knows?? For the money they make use their imagination.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

A biodegradeable filter. Yes, you'd think they'd be right on it. Maybe they are and have 600,000 methods that won't work and the next round will come up with something. In the meantime....
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

bottom line yup, smokers do not give a crap , the world is there ashtray
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Vernon is spending $7,000 on signs:
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#205253

How about offering a reward for videos (dash cams etc.) showing people throwing their butts out the window that can identify the vehicle licence plate? First fine them, then show it through the media (wishful thinking). People are deliberately killing wildlife and more when they know the consequences of their actions.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Awwwwwwwww Big Tobacco is losing billions! What will they ever do?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#211225

Return to “Canada”