Man caught trying to carry gun onto plane...

dle
Lord of the Board

Man caught trying to carry gun onto plane...

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#204856

If he was not born here, he should also have to face deportation charges. We have enough of our own home-grown menaces that we can't send back anywhere. I understand that once an immigrant comes here and is granted citizenship they cannot be deported to their homeland no matter what. I don't agree with this and I really think there are circumstances that beg that the citizenship SHOULD be revokable. Trying to smuggle a gun onto a plane in a carry-on, whether it/he had possession of the ammo for it, should be one of those cases. Treason against Canada, participating in terrorism etc are other cases.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Man caught trying to carry gun onto plane...

Post by GordonH »

Only a complete idiot would even try something like this today, impo life long ban from any airport.
If he is a recent immigrant then maybe deportation is the answer.
Last edited by GordonH on Aug 23rd, 2017, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Then your citizenship is revocable too, no matter where you come from our what you've done. At some point you'll stand for something that some dip stick will disagree with. Perhaps birthcontrol, there's a billion followers that want to take that right away. Not suggesting, Just saying.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Opeeved wrote:Then your citizenship is revocable too, no matter where you come from our what you've done. At some point you'll stand for something that some dip stick will disagree with. Perhaps birthcontrol, there's a billion followers that want to take that right away. Not suggesting, Just saying.

The issues I brought up are no where anything like a disagreement about birth control for heaven's sake! I didn't say deport him for any issues - just the extremism ones that could get us all blown to bits and prove him a traitor to Canada! I also said we have our own home-growns People we can't deport anywhere so we are stuck with them but if we give protection and the right to be called a Canadian to anyone they should be willing to stand for Canada not operate against us.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Yes, I know. I was responding to the suggestion of revocation of citizenship. Being a citizen loses the right of law when it's subject to the whims of others. I really don't care what the person did. If I advocate for the dismissal of legal rights, I forfeit My own. That in all reality is how a "commune" works. The defense of legal rights even for the most heinous, ensures mine.

Or we could go back to previous times?
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

We're supposed to be a law (not smoking in a park) abiding nation, aren't we?
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Opeeved wrote:Yes, I know. I was responding to the suggestion of revocation of citizenship. Being a citizen loses the right of law when it's subject to the whims of others. I really don't care what the person did. If I advocate for the dismissal of legal rights, I forfeit My own. That in all reality is how a "commune" works. The defense of legal rights even for the most heinous, ensures mine.

guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one :138:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Knowing how soft Canada is on crime, I would be surprised if this person gets anything more light slap on the wrists.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

dle wrote:
Opeeved wrote:Yes, I know. I was responding to the suggestion of revocation of citizenship. Being a citizen loses the right of law when it's subject to the whims of others. I really don't care what the person did. If I advocate for the dismissal of legal rights, I forfeit My own. That in all reality is how a "commune" works. The defense of legal rights even for the most heinous, ensures mine.

guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one :138:

Yup, and that's just fine :130:
I really love history, it defines us I feel. From where I sit there's no shortage of covenant rights, based on history, subjugated by the "feeling of the day". Today it's extremism, before that it was communism, before that fascism, before that, colonialism, before that religion, before that heresy, before that the dark ages, before that, the Vikings, before that.... well hopefully you get the point.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

GordonH wrote:Knowing how soft Canada is on crime, I would be surprised if this person gets anything more light slap on the wrists.

Not sure, as a restricted gun owner the laws around transport are very specific. May be wrong but I believe this would be a felony. I hope they throw the book at him.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

GordonH wrote:Only a complete idiot would even try something like this today, impo life long ban from any airport.
If he is a resent immigrant then maybe deportation is the answer.

Ok. Just to be clear. Did you mean "recent" or, in fact "resent" as in, we had already deported him but somehow, he was sent back? Maybe insufficient postage?

Just lookin for accuracy here. :0.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Oops my bad or damn auto correct, should have been recent
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Mohammed with a gun, illegally obtained without a firearm license, tried to bring it on a plane, has it hidden in a garment bag is dumb. Maybe his sorry a$$ needed a trip to prison because his welfare ran out. Don't know how he could afford a weapon. Deport the busterd. Stop importing criminals Justin! Not only is this guy a criminal, his brother I believe was tortured to death by other imported criminal creeps.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/08/23/pa ... light-rcmp
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

The whole point of citizenship is that you are now a citizen with all of the rights of every other citizen. Nevertheless, I didn't see anything in the article that dealt with citizenship, immigration status, or anything else other than a name.
You and 71 others Like this post
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

There has got to be some mental health issues here.

Its not like he tried to hide a box cutter in his anal cavity....he had an firearm stuffed in carry on luggage???

"Sir....do you have any metal, coins, or sharp objects on your person?"
"No...but I do have this 30-30 stuffed in my long johns.....but don't worry, its not loaded!"
[icon_lol2.gif]
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)

Return to “Canada”