Hwy 33 wildfire

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Hwy 33 wildfire

Post by GordonH »

gman313 wrote:spontaneous combustion - usually in man made pile of stuff but it can happen naturally too
any examples
volcanoes can cause fires. As can molten rock near the surface.
if the area had active volcano, averagejoe would have posted it
and of course fire breathing dragons
please any current pic's of a local fire breathing dragon
many ways

okay, sure :laugh:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

There was a fire here last night, well, between Tonasket and Omak along the road. The report said it was caused by sparks from a vehicle. My guess would be dragging a boat/camper chain. But that's a guess. I also know of two fires that were started near here by vehicles driving in dry grass. :/

I'm worried about dragons now though.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

GordonH wrote:
gman313 wrote:spontaneous combustion - usually in man made pile of stuff but it can happen naturally too
any examples
volcanoes can cause fires. As can molten rock near the surface.
if the area had active volcano, averagejoe would have posted it
and of course fire breathing dragons
please any current pic's of a local fire breathing dragon
many ways

okay, sure :laugh:

Hawaii lava flows start small fires all the time. BC is also on the ring of fire and it is not unreasonable to expect a volcano to go off eventually, possibly triggering fires

A fire off bear creek main about 2001 or 02 was started by spontaneous combustions

and of course the dragon was all in good fun

on another side note nice to see parts of the province have recovered, are in low risk and allowing campfires as of today. BC is coming back baby!

in 48 hours most of the caribou will be soaked - dram is over
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

gman313 wrote:Hawaii lava flows start small fires all the time. BC is also on the ring of fire and it is not unreasonable to expect a volcano to go off eventually, possibly triggering fires
volcano can start fires, closes one to BC was in the 80s Mt St Helens
A fire off bear creek main about 2001 or 02 was started by spontaneous combustions
please post how it happened
and of course the dragon was all in good fun

on another side note nice to see parts of the province have recovered, are in low risk and allowing campfires as of today. BC is coming back baby!

in 48 hours most of the caribou will be soaked - dram is over
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Noticed two fire trucks and crew members walking the burnt area along 33 around 2 pm this afternoon
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Dawg, these photos were taken by folks waiting in line for the Hwy to open up and or pulled over.

Clearly you didn't look at the photos then. Not pulled over and vehicles are spaced to far apart to be waiting in line. Nice try though Barney [icon_lol2.gif]
Sperica7
Fledgling

Post by Sperica7 »

just popping in wrote:I hope whoever tossed that butt is feeling some guilt. In a perfect world they would own up to their stupidity and pay the fine and all costs.

I doubt they would feel guilt. If they had any feelings they wouldn't have thrown the cigarette out the window in the first place.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I heard a rumour that someone saw a person toss a butt, and got their license plate. Just a rumour, the person I heard it from heard it from a few others. One can hope . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lets hope so,safe bet it was not a non smoker
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”