NDP removing tolls on Vancouver bridges

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

NDP removing tolls on Vancouver bridges

Post by Symbonite »

So they are removing the tolls on the bridges

Great....now we have to all pay instead of user pay. and before you say that I said nothing about the Coq tolls...i was disappointed when they removed them too...and you can tell how the road condition suffered since they did.

Time for a PST tax hike I guess.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: NDP removing tolls on Vancouver bridges

Post by alfred2 »

he is doing it for his voters , that is ndp.How about the rest of the province? When are you taking msp off ,or are the ndp voters rich enough that they do not mind . This is a payoff to the small ndparea , there is more to this province then van. :cuss:
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

Symbonite wrote:So they are removing the tolls on the bridges

Great....now we have to all pay instead of user pay. and before you say that I said nothing about the Coq tolls...i was disappointed when they removed them too...and you can tell how the road condition suffered since they did.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/transportation-bc-1.4261972

On Friday morning, he said that remaining debt from the Port Mann will be transferred to the provincial debt. The province is currently in discussion with TransLink to determine how to make up for the shortfall in revenue, the premier added.
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

Capture.JPG
Symbonite wrote:
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Listening to Horgan pat himself on the back while delivering this announcement on CKNW.
Johny boy should maybe hold off on the self congratulating.....giving stuff away does not require allot of political skill or PR acumen.
The rest of B.C now gets to pay for something that will primarily benefit the Lower Mainland (not that they didnt already get the lions share of public dollars).
Supporting his base I suppose.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

No plan what so ever on how to pay for the bridges though.

This is going to be costly for all tax payers of BC.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

every9none already was paying for them. they lost money since day one. reality vs bclib fantasy
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Ya it's stupid to drop tolls

Oh well maybe they can bump ICBC rates even further to pay for it, time to raid the cookie jar.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Carrs Landing Viking wrote:No plan what so ever on how to pay for the bridges though.

This is going to be costly for all tax payers of BC.
We went through an entire election campaign with no NDP fiscal plan and four and a half months after the election we still have no plan. And now we hear that there won't be a full budget and fiscal plan from the NDP until February so perhaps that's when we'll find out how the tolls will be replaced?? It's easy to cut out things like tolls but a lot harder to figure out how the tolls will be replaced. Andrew Weaver calls the policy change "reckless" and I would add "dishonest" to that as well. Nothing is free!
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

I have this very distinct feeling that Andrew Weaver will not support the NDP budget in February 2018.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

IDIOT. so all the money spent on the Treo offices (Not to mention the jobs that will be lost) I had no issues paying the toll on the COQ (I felt it was better maintained) could they not have just lowered the tolls?
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Triple 6 wrote:IDIOT. so all the money spent on the Treo offices (Not to mention the jobs that will be lost) I had no issues paying the toll on the COQ (I felt it was better maintained) could they not have just lowered the tolls?

they lost money from day one . tolls or not to tune of millions
Bettyb
Fledgling

Post by Bettyb »

I think my taxes will go up to pay for a bridge I never use, it's the NDP way, how people forget the last go around with this government
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Triple 6 wrote:IDIOT. so all the money spent on the Treo offices (Not to mention the jobs that will be lost) I had no issues paying the toll on the COQ (I felt it was better maintained) could they not have just lowered the tolls?

Exactly, more lost jobs, under the NDP watch.

Absolutely pathetic start to this government.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

Carrs Landing Viking wrote:

Exactly, more lost jobs, under the NDP watch.

Absolutely pathetic start to this government.

Capture.JPG

Return to “B.C.”