Taxi's, Cab's Penticton

southy
Lord of the Board

Re: Taxi's, Cab's Penticton

Post by southy »

Opeeved wrote:Those things cost money to rent buy, lease and use, all because people are too lazy to stop at an atm somewhere along their travels, and then expect the business owner to bear the cost.
Ya it can be sometimes built into the price but then you're paying more.Which is a strange happening since everybody is looking for a bargain.

Seriously??? They are a damn taxi company - this is 2017 - we do have the technology. Cost of doing business! People are to lazy??? Give me a break. Read the original post. No where was this guy looking for a bargain - he simply wanted to use his card as payment. Sheesh!!!
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Relax. Ok sorry, entitled. I guess you really don't know how much they cost a small business for example. I've read the post thanks, they probably had an atm in the bar or restaurant, because they pretty much all do or cash back or there was one across the street. Cost of doing business lol. Because people are entitled to convenience. When it's your money you'll think differently ore when a customer walks out of your store because you don't carry his brand of points card- wanting something for free... on your back.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

I'm not sure what you are not reading in the OP. The guy asked for a car with a debit/credit machine and they sent a cash car. And yes people who are paying for a service are ENTITLED to convenience. Small business - I know way to much about them - have one. So there goes that idea. Think you may want to really look at what customer service is all about cause ... well ... you know not all customers are wanting something for free ... just what they are ENTITLED to.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Noticed how I never said one thing about the op. My entire comments were pointed directly at the laziness and entitlement of today's consumer. At the expense of business owners. They expect,obviously that even one man show expend upwards of a $1000 a year so they can use their card conveniently, lazily. Don't think ahead and cost the owner minimun 5 cents per transaction for a $2-purchase. Not much of a margin on 2 bucks.

As a business owner, you're just fine with that? For lazy entitled people?
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

:dash: Sorry Opeeved it's starting to hurt - hope you figure it out.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

Opeeved wrote:Noticed how I never said one thing about the op. My entire comments were pointed directly at the laziness and entitlement of today's consumer. At the expense of business owners. They expect,obviously that even one man show expend upwards of a $1000 a year so they can use their card conveniently, lazily. Don't think ahead and cost the owner minimun 5 cents per transaction for a $2-purchase. Not much of a margin on 2 bucks.

Next time you are in a restaurant, try keeping your cool when they won't take credit cards, debit or their machine is O/S and they expect you to pay in cold hard cash. Most people don't necessarily keep that amount of dough in their purses.

This is the year 2017, if anyone has forgotten. I wasn't ticked when a business owner wouldn't take a chicken on trade for goods last week; I understood how things do change.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

pentona wrote:
Opeeved wrote:Noticed how I never said one thing about the op. My entire comments were pointed directly at the laziness and entitlement of today's consumer. At the expense of business owners. They expect,obviously that even one man show expend upwards of a $1000 a year so they can use their card conveniently, lazily. Don't think ahead and cost the owner minimun 5 cents per transaction for a $2-purchase. Not much of a margin on 2 bucks.

Next time you are in a restaurant, try keeping your cool when they won't take credit cards, debit or their machine is O/S and they expect you to pay in cold hard cash. Most people don't necessarily keep that amount of dough in their purses.

This is the year 2017, if anyone has forgotten. I wasn't ticked when a business owner wouldn't take a chicken on trade for goods last week; I understood how things do change.

I don't know to what to say other than you're being obtuse. I factually endorsed my feelings. You're only retort is how you feel. The world revolves you. Does it?
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

And right, the world is 2017..again, you do know where our money comes from, don't you?
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

I tend to agree with the OP. If he requested a cab with interac, why should he have to pay the service fees that come with having to withdraw money from a bank machine to pay the cab fare. If the cab company didn't have a cab with interac service available, they should have let him know.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Don't carry cash and upset about businesses that don't accept but cash. wambulance.

Entitled lazy want something for nothing brats.

Never mind speaking to the facts I brought. Never Mind, from a, "cost of business" owner.( btw,I think you're lying)
The op was lazy, entitled, and didn't think ahead and didn't give a crap about the cost borne by others. Whine away op. I only spoke to the entitled that every one else on this board whines about.

Head meets wall is right.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

pentona wrote:

You didnt read a word I said, did you? Just wanted to talk over and be sarcastic to the point of comprehension bereft. Have at it lol
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

*removed* Lazy self entitled don't care about anyone else. That cab that showed up? Made another person Wait, who is just as important as the op. Oh wait, screw everyone else, they can wait for a ride, while he gets out and screws over cabbies paycheque. Lazy self entitled self absorbed bs.

Got a problem with the company? Take it up with them. Dont make another working stiff pay for one's own laziness.
Last edited by ferri on Aug 26th, 2017, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You might want to brush up on the rules.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Opeeved wrote:*removed* Lazy self entitled don't care about anyone else. That cab that showed up? Made another person Wait, who is just as important as the op. Oh wait, screw everyone else, they can wait for a ride, while he gets out and screws over cabbies paycheque. Lazy self entitled self absorbed bs.

Got a problem with the company? Take it up with them. Dont make another working stiff pay for one's own laziness.

All I can say about your post is WOW!!

While it is true that it is a business's prerogative in offering up the acceptance of electronic payment and it's associated costs, it is also the paying customers prerogative in how they wish to or are able to pay. Many people do not carry any cash for fear of loss or safety reasons. And if I enter a business or call for a service with the clear understanding that I have only plastic to pay with and then am later told "sorry, cash only", I have been lied to and deceived and hardly a lazy self entitled person. I can respect a business's decision because of cost to not offer electronic payment but I cannot respect a business that lies or deceives me until I am captive in a cab or at the till with the goods I have just wasted my time collecting and then suggest I just run to the bank to consummate the purchase.
IMO, the OP did the correct thing and stopped the transaction as soon as he realized the scam/error. One thing I would like to know from the OP is if the replacement cab was the same or a different company. If it was the same company it would appear that perhaps some cabs worked on the books and others off books. Maybe it was even the cab company that has it's bank accounts currently frozen by CRA. Ya know who they are right? The working stiffs that make sure unscrupulous business's aren't being lazy in reporting true income. They aren't really too interested in the people that are too lazy to go to a bank machine to pay the unscrupulous business's in "cash only".
I'll share a little tip with ya too. Small retail and small service businesses are actually smart and better off accepting electronic payment even with the associated cost. This is true for a number of reasons but the primary reason is the reduction of fraudulent cheques. One bounced cheque a month pays for the debit machine.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

*bleep*. You haven't read a thing I've written, have you.?? Couldn't even finish reading your entitled crap. Sorry. It's beyond this particular thread and right at the heart of the matter. Entitlement.

Its all there if one cares to read logic. Its all there if one can see beyond their own convenience.

Never mind. I see that I'm in the minority of fact. Barney google's oatmeal post is so true.

Return to “South Okanagan”