Terrorist attacks around the world

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Terrorist attacks around the world

Post by lesliepaul »

Homegrown Terrorism...........willing to bet the U.S. is going to see this to a huge degree because of what has happened there since January 20, 2017. I will always remember April 19, 1995..........Oklahoma City bombing. Just left Kelowna on a trip east and heard the news. The first half of the day was nothing but accusing Muslim terrorists until cooler heads prevailed. When it was announced that the person was an American ex-U.S. military person........everyone was stunned. What set Tim McVie off was Ruby Ridge and Waco. Both of these events were avoidable but the U.S. government (FBI) in all their glory became storm-troopers..........then in steps Mr. McVie.

There are too many people outraged in the U.S. at this moment and it appears that somebody will eventually "snap" in the name of doing the right thing. Terrorism can never be stopped and with so little planning and simplicity can have such catastrophic results.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.rt.com/news/400577-suspects ... acks-jail/

spanish judge released one the suspects
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

As a family, we would like to focus on the extraordinary kindness that everyone has shown us during this time,” she said.

“I have so many stories of unbelievable acts of kindness that I can’t even begin to tell you them all – we even received a phone call from Prime Minister Trudeau and a letter from the King of Spain.”

Hundreds of candles, flowers and notes mark the site of her dad’s death.

In White Rock, city officials announced on Twitter Wednesday morning that its flag would be lowered to half-mast until Aug. 28 in memory of the terror-attack victims.

nice to know our priminister phoned the family as did the leader of spain
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

ISIS uses boy “from America” to issue new threat

LONDON -- Facing all-but guaranteed defeat in their last urban stronghold, Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) extremists seem to be relying more heavily on the youngest of their recruits to carryout both attacks, and deliver their propaganda.

For the first time, a child of purported U.S. origin has been put in front of ISIS cameras as a mouthpiece for the terror group.
His message, clearly crafted by adults, seems to acknowledge the terror network's weakening grasp on the vast swath of territory it once held across Syria and northern Iraq, warning President Trump by name that the battle, "is not gonna end in Raqqa or Mosul," but rather "in your lands."

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/isi ... &ocid=iehp

The West can go ahead and completely crush the armies of ISIS and the terror attacks will not end. Countries can build border walls, completely stop immigration and not allow any refugees in and the terror attacks will not end. Billions can be diverted to anti-terrorism measures, and while many attacks will be thwarted, the terror attacks will not end. If we (the west) don’t rethink our approach to combatting terrorism, and recognize and acknowledge the threat is born from more than just extremist ideology, the terror attacks will not end. The war on terror is a war that will never be won as long as we continue to fight it on only one front. Agent Orange is certainly not going to defeat terrorism (Agent Orange needs help tying his shoes).
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

st mark square.jpg

ALLAHU AKBAR
Venice mayor: Anyone shouting 'Allahu akbar' in public will be shot

Mayor Luigi Brugnaro sparks controversy by declaring that anyone shouting the Islamic phrase in Venice's famous St. Mark's Square will be shot "within three paces" •

According to local media, the mayor has ordered the Venice police to shoot anyone who shouts "Allahu akbar" rather than risk a terrorist attack.

The Arabic phrase is often evoked during terrorist attacks worldwide, but it is usually used by Muslims during prayers as a reminder of God's significance in their lives. The phrase is believed to have been first used by the Prophet Muhammad in the seventh century before going into battle.

Given the increasing threat of terrorism across Europe, especially to attractions such as Venice's Piazza San Marco -- one of the most popular tourist attractions in the world -- Brugnaro has decreed that shouting the phrase in public is "unacceptable," media reports said.

In a press conference Thursday, Brugnaro claimed Venice was safer than Barcelona, where 15 people were killed and some 100 were wounded in a ramming attack last week.

"In contrast with Barcelona, where they had not set up protection, we keep our guard up," he said. "If anyone runs into St. Mark's Square shouting 'Allahu Akhbar' we will take him down. ... A year ago I said within four paces, now within three. I will say it in Venetian: Ghe sparemo ['We will shoot him']."

Recalling the March arrest of four suspected jihadists who allegedly planned to kill hundreds of tourist by blowing up the world-famous Rialto Bridge, he said, "They wanted to go to Allah. But we'll send them straight to Allah before they can do any damage."

Venice's mayor later took to social media to counter the criticism over his remark, saying, "I have never been politically correct. In fact, I am politically incorrect, and that's why we also need a naval blockade against people coming into Italy from north Africa."

The Venice Police Department was unavailable for comment.

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newslet ... p?id=44871

Talk about Speech Laws! - Sometimes when i sneeze it comes-out sounding kinda like that so... glad i had a chance to enjoy Europe so rigorously when i did (80s/90s)

Take some pictures - have some gelato - smile at some girls - you know, like everyone else - and everything will be fine.
- just don't sneeze
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

works for me,only one group of people to blame here --muslim terrorists and there supporters
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

FUBAR !

Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Honestly, the word terrorism is spoken by oppressors and those afraid of the truth. It's extremism to be accurate. Only those that are so self absorbed vocalise the term, terrorism. It's so disingenuous to say the term when from the extremist point of view, they're doing what is right.

I don't condone this type of tactic however it is used by world powers to get what they want.

Terrorism is in the eye of the beholder. Take up arms to achieve interests.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Opeeved wrote:I don't condone this type of tactic...

good to know

i don't condone trusting our security to limp-wristed factose-intolerant truthophobes living in La-La-Land either tho.

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Opeeved wrote:Honestly, the word terrorism is spoken by oppressors and those afraid of the truth. It's extremism to be accurate. Only those that are so self absorbed vocalise the term, terrorism. It's so disingenuous to say the term when from the extremist point of view, they're doing what is right.

I don't condone this type of tactic -----however ------it is used by world powers to get what they want.
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^-like i said supporters

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/205 ... que-attack

They seriously just don't stop. Who needs "conservative right rhetoric" again? Just look at what they do.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/205 ... -for-sword

snip
The suspect repeatedly shouted "Allahu akbar!" ("God is great" in Arabic), Haydon said. Three London police officers were slightly injured while struggling to arrest him, he added.

Damn Buddhists.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

the truth wrote:
Opeeved wrote:Honestly, the word terrorism is spoken by oppressors and those afraid of the truth. It's extremism to be accurate. Only those that are so self absorbed vocalise the term, terrorism. It's so disingenuous to say the term when from the extremist point of view, they're doing what is right.

I don't condone this type of tactic -----however ------it is used by world powers to get what they want.
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^-like i said supporters

Fix your quote. If you want to call me a supporter, at least take the time to say so. (I don't have patience for laziness). And quote your thoughts properly.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “World”