Khadr wants more freedom

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: khadr wants more freedom

Post by Ka-El »

JagXKR wrote: But you want me to believe a woman who has publicly sided with Al Kind-of and now living in one of only 3 countries in the world on a state sponsored terrorism list is just there for the scenery. A bit naive.

Not I. This woman should be watched carefully. Like "hate speech", pro-terrorist sympathies should not be tolerated. But back to topic, if we one day recognize the very real risk of reform conservatism, that should not mean I should be incarcerated or have my freedoms removed due to my mother's misplaced belief system (the point being missed).
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

the truth wrote:ya, and i would lie ,like he has, lets not forget also his family is pro al qaeda unless that means nothing to you also

You would lie? Isn't your name "The truth". It's a good thing that not all people are like you.

Also, I have right wing members of my family, and people with opposing views. They're still my family. I think at this point at 30 Khadr is more than capable of having his own views.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Why do we care where his sister lives? Why do we care what other family members believe? I care what Omar thinks and believes. Onar's actions alone determine how he should be treated.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Kahdr's hostile actions were not confined to that one moment in time where he is alleged to have [and confessed to have] thrown the grenade that killed the American medic. What about the videos that exist that were taken prior to that battle, where Kahdr is shown manufacturing IED's that were repeatedly used to kill Canadian soldiers. Do those actions on his part not tend to show his willing participation? Although there can be an argument made that his rights as a Canadian citizen were perhaps violated during his interrogation at Guantanamo Bay, that doesn't absolve him from his actions as a Canadian citizen, against soldiers of his own country. Now he is a wealthy Canadian citizen AND he wants more freedom. Our government, intelligence agencies and law enforcement best keep an eye on this man for some time in the future.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Oh please. He was a child in a war zone. This man poses no threat to our nation. Set him free with no conditions and let him live his own life for once.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Treblehook wrote: What about the videos that exist that were taken prior to that battle, where Kahdr is shown manufacturing IED's that were repeatedly used to kill Canadian soldiers. Do those actions on his part not tend to show his willing participation?

Ya, they just weren't following the "rules". Blackhawks with sidewinders and 50 cal machine guns. Bad guys not allowed to defend themselves with IEDs. He was a child, kidnapped and taken from his home in Canada to be indoctrinated and trained to fight by his father and older brother. He was in a combat zone, the vicious assault by a deadly marine force barely ended. He may or may not have (confession under torture) thrown a grenade. Even if he did - he was in a combat zone and was playing his role as a soldier (a position he never should have been in the first place as a child, but that was not his fault).

Treblehook wrote: Although there can be an argument made that his rights as a Canadian citizen were perhaps violated during his interrogation at Guantanamo Bay, ...

ya think?

Treblehook wrote: Our government, intelligence agencies and law enforcement best keep an eye on this man for some time in the future.

And I'm sure they will. They know who he is where he lives and who his family are.
FreeRights
Guru

Re: Khadr wants more freedom

Post by FreeRights »

JagXKR wrote:You like to put words in peoples mouth by asking questions that are directly for the purpose of furthering your unique viewpoint. So I will comply.
No, not all. But you want me to believe a woman who has publicly sided with Al Kind-of and now living in one of only 3 countries in the world on a state sponsored terrorism list is just there for the scenery. A bit naive.

So if I was incorrect in interpreting the previous comment, what then was meant? What relevance based on the context in that article does residing in Sudan bring to the table? The answer is none, the implication was what I said, yet you cower because it's a false claim.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Omnitheo wrote:
the truth wrote:ya, and i would lie ,like he has, lets not forget also his family is pro al qaeda unless that means nothing to you also

You would lie? Isn't your name "The truth". It's a good thing that not all people are like you.

Also, I have right wing members of my family, and people with opposing views. They're still my family. I think at this point at 30 Khadr is more than capable of having his own views.

sorry but it does not change the fact that he is a terrorist
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

JLives wrote:Why do we care where his sister lives? Why do we care what other family members believe? I care what Omar thinks and believes. Onar's actions alone determine how he should be treated.

do we not learn from are parents, and siblings we should care,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

wheres your proof ? i posted a link that showed the american soldier that made the report changed it and admited he had no clue who threw a grenade . i could just as easily call you a terrorist . how bow dat ? :smt045
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Treblehook wrote:Kahdr's hostile actions were not confined to that one moment in time where he is alleged to have [and confessed to have] thrown the grenade that killed the American medic. What about the videos that exist that were taken prior to that battle, where Kahdr is shown manufacturing IED's that were repeatedly used to kill Canadian soldiers. Do those actions on his part not tend to show his willing participation? Although there can be an argument made that his rights as a Canadian citizen were perhaps violated during his interrogation at Guantanamo Bay, that doesn't absolve him from his actions as a Canadian citizen, against soldiers of his own country. Now he is a wealthy Canadian citizen AND he wants more freedom. Our government, intelligence agencies and law enforcement best keep an eye on this man for some time in the future.

exactly...............
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

JLives wrote:Oh please. He was a child in a war zone. This man poses no threat to our nation. Set him free with no conditions and let him live his own life for once.

he was convicted of a terrorist act, and his mother and sister are pro al qaeda . he should be watched forever, i hope csis has his bank account red flagged
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

the truth wrote:
JLives wrote:Why do we care where his sister lives? Why do we care what other family members believe? I care what Omar thinks and believes. Onar's actions alone determine how he should be treated.

do we not learn from are parents, and siblings we should care,

I'm pretty sure he learned from his father. Get involved with terrorists, get killed or captured and tortured.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

$134-million claim against Khadr is based on false information

A multimillion-dollar claim seeking damages against Omar Khadr for the death of a U.S. special forces soldier should be dismissed because it relies on false information and a conviction before Guantanamo’s controversial military courts, documents filed Tuesday state.

Nathan Whitling, Khadr’s lawyer, wrote in the statement of defence to the Ontario Superior Court of Justice that the Utah claim for $134.1 million (U.S.) “would never have existed but for the unlawful detention, abuse, torture, and other mistreatment of (Khadr) in Bagram and GTMO.”

Khadr, now 30, was shot and captured in Afghanistan by U.S. forces on July 27, 2002, at the age of 15. Delta Force soldier Christopher Speer was fatally wounded during the firefight AND Sgt. Layne Morris was hit by shrapnel and lost sight in one eye. Khadr, grievously wounded and also blinded in one eye, was transferred to the U.S. base in Bagram, Afghanistan, where he received life-saving medical treatment and was interrogated for nearly three months before his transfer to Guantanamo, also known by the acronym GTMO.

Morris and Speer’s widow, Tabitha, brought a wrongful-death suit against Khadr, winning by default in 2015. (Khadr was detained at the time in Canada.) They are appealing to the Canadian courts to enforce the ruling.

But Whitling wrote that part of their claim, stating that Khadr was the only person alive in the compound in Afghanistan when Speer was hit by a grenade, is false.

The evidence before the military commission confirmed that there was a combatant alive in the compound and firing his weapon at the U.S. combatants entering the compound, which individual was . . . in the same area from which the grenade had been thrown.”

Khadr accepted a Pentagon plea deal in Guantanamo in 2010 for an eight-year-sentence and a chance to be repatriated to Canada in exchange for admitting that he threw the grenade. He said upon his return that he considered the plea deal the only way he would ever leave Guantanamo — and that he is unsure about his memories of the firefight. His lawyers have argued based on where he was in the compound, it would have been impossible for him to have thrown the grenade that hit Speer.

Whitling, in his statement of defence against the Utah suit, further argues that Canada cannot enforce a judgment based on a conviction under the military commissions at Guantanamo.

“The supposed U.S. common law of war relied upon by the U.S. prosecutors did not exist at the time of the alleged conduct (by Khadr), does not exist today, and is unknown to the international community of nations,” he wrote.

Khadr received an apology, and along with his lawyers was given a $10.5-million settlement from Ottawa for his mistreatment by Canadian officials while held as a minor in Guantanamo.

Canada’s Supreme Court has harshly condemned the federal government for its mistreatment of Khadr — under both past Liberal and Conservative governments.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/do ... &ocid=iehp
jharmer

Post by jharmer »

the truth wrote:do we not learn from are parents, and siblings we should care,

i don't understand what you're trying to say. is there a word missing from your post (ending with a comma)?

Return to “Canada”