Taxi's, Cab's Penticton

XT225
Lord of the Board

Re: Taxi's, Cab's Penticton

Post by XT225 »

Opeeved wrote:*bleep*. You haven't read a thing I've written, have you.?? Couldn't even finish reading your entitled crap. Sorry. It's beyond this particular thread and right at the heart of the matter. Entitlement.

Yes, entitlement indeed. For instance, when one calls for a handicapped equipped taxi van (and there are some here), they expect to get just that; nothing less. Its also highly possible that the person who took the call didn't have a good comprehension of the English language. If a company agrees to deliver what was asked for, then that should be provided, period. Its not rocket science.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

I get that. But you've obviously missed everything I've said.

Never mind. I guess obviousness Is lost on the masses. Me me me.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Opeeved wrote:Noticed how I never said one thing about the op. My entire comments were pointed directly at the laziness and entitlement of today's consumer. At the expense of business owners. They expect,obviously that even one man show expend upwards of a $1000 a year so they can use their card conveniently, lazily. Don't think ahead and cost the owner minimun 5 cents per transaction for a $2-purchase. Not much of a margin on 2 bucks.

As a business owner, you're just fine with that? For lazy entitled people?

You seem to be stuck in the dark ages. Its not society that is pushing for automation; its the businesses that have pushed people towards a cashless society. Ever flown on a major airline lately and tried to buy a meal or drink with Cash? Not gonna happen; they only take credit or debit. The world is changing and resisting the change is futile. A person asked for a taxi that takes debit; he was not told NO you cannot have that. If the service wasn't available at that time, the caller should have been advised; its that simple.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

You will be assimilated!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Bsuds wrote:You will be assimilated!

That's the phrase that I was looking for! Resistance is futile; the Borg are here! Welcome the change!
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

The total flaw in your arguments. It's not business. It's the banking industry. I guess you haven't had moneris, upwards of the largest digital processor sending you emails along with the statement, "Increase your profit by providing gift cards and access to debit/credit cards".

Don't know about you, I stand in line to deposit at the teller while there's a sign there to access the atm for faster service.

One either gets what's going on or one doesn't. I don't care either way. It's all there for one to see.
People can try to be sarcastic and clever regarding my posts.

Lease a terminal. See how much it costs. Understand the laziness of people that don't carry cash, even though they were just at an atm/terminal with cash back even. Man, walk out of an establishment to go to the next that carries ones points card. A second trip. All because the owner doesn't want to pay for anothers free points crap. Entitled and lazy. Period.

I have no sympathy for op. He may have asked. Didn't get what he wanted and screwed over another working individual.

Please, all of you, tell me again hour important you are. The customer isn't always right. And if your business was consumers, you know exactly what I'm saying.. enough said entitled lazy people.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I've heard that the red & white companies are in the process of buying the yellow companies and that there is some delay in the transferring of debit/credit permits to the purchaser. If you can't pay cash at present, don't call a yellow cab, call a red & white one.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

So if I go into a restaurant and order a steak, medium-rare, and the server says "One steak, medium-rare coming up", and then I get served a plate of chicken wings because the restaurant doesn't have any steaks, does that make me lazy and entitled?
I think instead the restaurant would come back to me and say "We're sorry, we don't have steaks right now, would you like to order something else"?
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

RupertBear wrote:So if I go into a restaurant and order a steak, medium-rare, and the server says "One steak, medium-rare coming up", and then I get served a plate of chicken wings because the restaurant doesn't have any steaks, does that make me lazy and entitled?
I think instead the restaurant would come back to me and say "We're sorry, we don't have steaks right now, would you like to order something else"?

Another good example of what a customer expects when its requested and if not available, the business should clearly state that. I was in a pub yesterday and the waitress stated exactly what beers were not available, even though they were on the menu but suggested alternatives. Not a problem; we knew what to expect then. Now thats good service! :up:
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I called for a cab today and they confirmed my intended method of payment at that time. Looks like they are trying to deal with this.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

Are all of you completely missing the point that the cab company made a mistake and sent an appropriate cab out mere minutes later? I can see both sides of this coin and it all adds up to whining.

Another post earlier said to "try keeping your cool" if a restaurant doesn't have debit/credit service... Are you kidding me? I can keep my cool just about anywhere thanks. Not going to lose my mind if I have to think on my feet for half a second.

Entitlement indeed.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Opeeved wrote:Noticed how I never said one thing about the op. My entire comments were pointed directly at the laziness and entitlement of today's consumer. At the expense of business owners. They expect,obviously that even one man show expend upwards of a $1000 a year so they can use their card conveniently, lazily. Don't think ahead and cost the owner minimun 5 cents per transaction for a $2-purchase. Not much of a margin on 2 bucks.

On the other hand, who's responsible for the cost? The business owner who decided to accept interact payments. Its entirely up to the owner whether the additional cost is worth it, but if they advertise that they accept debit and refuse to, I have no sympathy for the owner.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

FreeRights wrote:

On the other hand, who's responsible for the cost? The business owner who decided to accept interact payments. Its entirely up to the owner whether the additional cost is worth it, but if they advertise that they accept debit and refuse to, I have no sympathy for the owner.

Again, speaking to the entitled thoughts of consumers. It seems by posts in this thread that certain things are beyond control ie, sale of business and red tape or taxes (yes yes, the last point. Sure, but no one will continue business without dealing with CRA. Bureaucracy and legal matters take time, obviously).
Besides what I have been speaking about, the op didn't consider that.Why should he? After all, the consumer is always right. Right?
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

No! But still trying to figure out what the hell you mean by "Entitled thoughts of Consumers"?
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

For example, southy. I thought i had got this across already. Expecting a business to pay the banking fees of a person so they don't have to stop at a bank to get some cash, and then complain about a business that doesn't carry debit. Ya ya I get he asked for a debit cab, he obviously planned ahead to drink and not drive, but whined when he couldn't pay with plastic. Didn't plan well enough it seems. What would he havE done if there was a communication error within system?

Or how about this. Expecting a hardware store to accept an areoplan visa to the tune of $1000 for the free points, even though the business has to pay 2% on that$1000 just for the privilege of the consumers patronage. How's that for entitlement. Free stuff paid for by the business. I thought you said you owned a business. You're honestly telling me thats the cost of doing business? So some guy gets free trips at your expense? Or can't stop at an atm?

If I'm going out for drinks,I got cash in my pocket. If nothing else, just in case

Return to “South Okanagan”