Events Organizers in Penticton are Dumb. Dumb.

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Events Organizers in Penticton are Dumb. Dumb.

Post by Thinktank »

Yup, some real dumb people are organizing events in Penticton.

On the map, all they needed was to put up a few traffic cones about ten feet to allow two way traffic
on a street going the opposite way, to allow people to go from Haven Hill Road to Ontario Street
and they didn't do it. Instead traffic is backup up for miles on Haven Hill Road to allow a bunch of dumb dumb
bikers.

Why are events organizers so dumb? anyone know?
Attachments
arrow shows where traffic cones should go
arrow shows where traffic cones should go
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Events Organizers in Penticton are Dumb. Dumb.

Post by Thinktank »

It took me two minutes to "think" of a good solution that events organizers could not come up
with in their lifetime. Every vehicle that has to make a U-Turn because the road is blocked east
of Main Street near Okanagan Lake should be given a photocopy of a map
telling them how to get
to Superstore in south Penticton without waiting in line like a moron to cross the two streets with
bikers from the Triathlon and then cross the same two streets coming back - like a moron.

So how hard was that? Events organizers need to use their brain. They need to think.

And I drove the wrong way down a street. I broke the law I suppose. To save myself an hour
of sitting in lineup with 100 other vehicles. I'm not making this up. There must have been a hundred vehicles
on Haven Hill Road - sitting still, like morons.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Darkre
Board Meister

Post by Darkre »

Where would they have gone once they got on to Ontario? I thought Government was closed today. Wasn't planning on going out so I didn't check the routes.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Usually drivers don't pay any attention to up coming road closures, to those who don't I say.... to f :cuss: ing bad.
Maybe next time you will pay attention.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Friends of mine also drastically delayed. Their "crime" was coming home to Summerland from Midway and stopping to visit his ailing mother in the area of this extremely important event.

In real cities, all factors are weighed before special event permits and street closures are OKed.

Ad this fiasco to the bicyclist that struck the vehicle this morning, makes one wonder.

I suspect if more professionals were involved and fewer volunteers there would be less problems.

Yes I know professionals cost.

Apparently there is a cost associated to non-professional preparation too.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Thinktank wrote:Yup, some real dumb people are organizing events in Penticton.

On the map, all they needed was to put up a few traffic cones about ten feet to allow two way traffic
on a street going the opposite way, to allow people to go from Haven Hill Road to Ontario Street
and they didn't do it. Instead traffic is backup up for miles on Haven Hill Road to allow a bunch of dumb dumb
bikers.

Why are events organizers so dumb? anyone know?

Well, in this case, they were smart enough not to suggest people turn off Haven Hill over the traffic island to get onto Ontario, a funky little street that's really not designed for any amount of traffic.

And yes, Government was closed for a good part of the day, too. (Lots of notice given, although there's never been a way to make sure everyone notices the notices.)
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
summitteer

Post by summitteer »

While the flaggers were volunteer, they were all properly trained. Most of them work as flagged for their regular job. The cyclist that was hit was coming from a different direction as most of the other cyclists. He was only the second one to be coming from that direction. To me, it seemed that the flaggers did not realize there was bikes coming from that direction.

Return to “South Okanagan”