Take back the foreshore

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Take back the foreshore

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:Exactly - removal. It does not entitle the public to deliberately damage the property belonging to someone else.

spooker wrote:Couldn't the OP of the sledgehammer and wirecutters idea have been suggesting removing the property? I think it'd be a lot more fun to remove the edifice in question and make the owners wonder ...

Then spooker/or whomever, becomes no better then person who place the item in question their in first place (one possible illegal thing, does not justify another illegal act).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

The comments so far are as expected on this topic - so I think I'll pass on this thread.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

spooker wrote:Couldn't the OP of the sledgehammer and wirecutters idea have been suggesting removing the property? I think it'd be a lot more fun to remove the edifice in question and make the owners wonder ...

Encouraging stealing of private property is noted.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

My prediction:

1. A bunch of busy bodies will huff and puff about this for a while.
2. Changes will be made so everything is conforming.
3. The busy bodies will never use that area of the beach.

This whole thing has a stink of people making a big deal just to stick it to rich folk.
Green-light
Fledgling

Post by Green-light »

I encourage the destruction and theft of private property in this case.
Note that, scum supporter(s),
Then, violently jam it.
Further.
Keep going.
More.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

slootman wrote:My prediction:

1. A bunch of busy bodies will huff and puff about this for a while.
2. Changes will be made so everything is conforming.
3. The busy bodies will never use that area of the beach.

This whole thing has a stink of people making a big deal just to stick it to rich folk.

sorry but the beach is for everyone , it has nothing to do with sticking it to the rich folk, if anything its the rich folk saying f you to everyone else by not building to code
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Green-light wrote:I encourage the destruction and theft of private property in this case.
Note that, scum supporter(s),
Then, violently jam it.
Further.
Keep going.
More.

Since when do two wrongs make a right? Only a complete jack *bleep* would think that violence is the answer to this.
Green-light
Fledgling

Post by Green-light »

Green-light wrote:Note that, scum supporter(s),
Then, violently jam it.

Walking Wounded wrote:Only a complete jack *bleep* would think that violence is the answer to this.

English Comprehension isn't your strong point, is it?
:laugh:
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

The beach was for everyone. Mother nature is the one who washed it away from those retaining walls and even some fences. Even 10 years ago there was a lot more foreshore by rotary beach. Now all washed away. So blame the rich if you want but it's mother nature to blame
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

There is a home on West Ave, just off of Abbott Street recently sold for 4. Plus Million Dollars. They are real estate persons who bought a small old home and built it into a very nice property. They were granted the right by Counsel to build a stone wall as the public beach was in their face.

I question, just how does this local government think they have the right to give someone the right to do this on Federal Land and obstruct the public property?

I wish the City would respect the law, they sure think we as taxpayer must even down to water their lawn which I am expected to keep for them at no cost.
johnrae
Fledgling

Post by johnrae »

My neighbour closed in his carport and within a week there was a red "Stop Work" sign stuck to the wall. Now how can the city not stop the building of illegal docks and illegal walls??? The whole things smells fishy... The docks will be back up within two years. I am proud of the people who did this walk. They are wasting their time as nothing will change. Call me "Mr Negative" and I wont be offended. The city of Kelowna is a joke. Our pink shirted mayor is joke.
Thank you very much for your effort and your time.
Good luck and I mean that sincerely.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

WalterWhite wrote:The comments so far are as expected on this topic - so I think I'll pass on this thread.

I have to agree with you on this "WalterWhite". These comments seem to take on the same attitude demonstrated by the so-called "educated" Democrats in the U.S. reacting to their new leader.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

johnrae wrote:My neighbour closed in his carport and within a week there was a red "Stop Work" sign stuck to the wall. Now how can the city not stop the building of illegal docks and illegal walls??? The whole things smells fishy... The docks will be back up within two years. I am proud of the people who did this walk. They are wasting their time as nothing will change. Call me "Mr Negative" and I wont be offended. The city of Kelowna is a joke. Our pink shirted mayor is joke.

I think you are correct, and it is reality.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

johnrae wrote:My neighbour closed in his carport and within a week there was a red "Stop Work" sign stuck to the wall. Now how can the city not stop the building of illegal docks and illegal walls??? The whole things smells fishy... The docks will be back up within two years. I am proud of the people who did this walk. They are wasting their time as nothing will change. Call me "Mr Negative" and I wont be offended. The city of Kelowna is a joke. Our pink shirted mayor is joke.

Start building Friday after 5, finish by Monday morning, and the city lackeys notice nothing and no unpermitted work gets red tagged.
What's nice is Google earth and street view is rapidly negating the excuse "it was here when I bought it".
The big issue with lots of kelowna lake shore is the owners of these docks are often friends with someone in a position of authority with the city. It wasn't that long ago that kelowna was a very small town. Some of those older circles are pretty tight.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

Off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 29th, 2017, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!

Return to “Central Okanagan”