Helo Gives Cop A Lift

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Helo Gives Cop A Lift

Post by dirtybiker »

I suspect the RCMP (and area) needed a certain officer with specialized skills, knowledge,
and training be brought in from a far flung locale, and be placed
beyond the road closures to be in the area where said officer would
be able to do the most good.
I also suspect all the gear that this officer may need was packed into the cruiser
from his/her base, so they could hit the ground running, prepped and equipped.

Good move ! :up:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

Who cares, tax payers this, tax payers that...at the end of the day we all know us tax payers will never get what we want from our taxes, it's always something stupid.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

dale mck wrote:
There is a follow up up-date on the story that sheds more light on this story above the original article. With out all the facts,,,not sure how you could determine it was a colossal waste of tax dollars ! Made good sense to me.

it makes sense to you to fly a car up the mountain in a huge military chopper when the same car could drive up there for 20 bucks in gas?
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Did they fly first class and catch a cab to big white from airport?
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

I do know that for the joerich/philpot rd fire many officers where brought in from other places not just kelowna. I spoke with a couple and one was from vernon another all the way from kamloops.

They also had a main base/comand post set up at big white for many of the oficers.

With many of the roads and back roads blocked so no one could sneek in. It would have taken almost all of kelowna's rcmp so they called in from all over. This could have been one from kamloops that had to go back. Who knows but we might find out at some point.

All i know is that it was done this way for a reason and we call take guesses on why.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

voice of reason wrote:it makes sense to you to fly a car up the mountain in a huge military chopper when the same car could drive up there for 20 bucks in gas?

$20.00 in gas, from 100 mile House ? What part of stretched resources don't you get ?

The member, the car, (and likely plenty of gear) all came in from another depot and was
placed where it was needed most.

I do not like how poorly my tax monies are allotted, I have zero issue with this !
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

What if those cruisers & officers are based out of Kelowna, went to help out with wildfires security in central BC. Hitched a ride on returning Chinook to its base either at Comox or one of bases east.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Please read the update to be better informed....yeeechh !

Thanks for the original link Treblehook.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

dirtybiker wrote:
$20.00 in gas, from 100 mile House ? What part of stretched resources don't you get ?

The member, the car, (and likely plenty of gear) all came in from another depot and was
placed where it was needed most.

I do not like how poorly my tax monies are allotted, I have zero issue with this !

100 buck in gas from 100 mile. 2k an hour for the chopper
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

cool story but if you think it makes sense to fly a car in a helo you are daft in the head
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

voice of reason wrote:cool story but if you think it makes sense to fly a car in a helo you are daft in the head

Guess I'm daft then,

I can see no better way to put the right person, in the right place, with the right equipment,
and be instantly mobile than this
When resources are stretched, taking equipment away from the locals makes no sense.
Bring your own, and go do what is required of you.

That bird was deployed here anyways, a few more minutes airtime could be the difference
between success and fail !
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

And if the aircraft was dead heading wouldn't it make sense to use it for something.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

rookie314 wrote:And if the aircraft was dead heading wouldn't it make sense to use it for something.

And it's cool ! :D
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Interesting how we can fly in hero fire fighters (and all their equipment)from countries half way around the world to help with the wildfires - but gawd forbid a cop was required to be deployed elsewhere within the province as needed.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

This Chinook has been flying around for some time, ferrying personnel and equipment to where it's needed. Perhaps it would be possible to use land vehicles to do the same job. It might even be cheaper, but it would take longer. If all these concerned taxpayers feel this fire is not being handled correctly, I suggest you put your expertise to use and volunteer your services as a civilian consultant.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Central Okanagan”