maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Cummings unveils ev semi ahead of tesla

Post by maryjane48 »

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Cummings unveils ev semi ahead of tesla

Post by GordonH »

Hordes of intercity truckers will just fall in love with this, if you believe that.... do I have deal for you. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ol goat
Fledgling

Post by ol goat »

With that range, I can go from our Kelowna terminal and make 1 delivery in Vernon and have enough power just to make it back to the terminal before it quits on the highway.Then i'm done for the day and everyone else can wait till the next day to maybe get their freight.
If i'm doing just Kelowna deliveries then maybe 1/2 the customers may get their daily freight with that proposed mileage restriction.
You only get one chance to use TODAY wisely otherwise it becomes yesterday and it’s gone
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

transfering power to evs while they on the road is coming . :130: its already been proven and now they are testing the best route to take. :smt045

http://theconversation.com/wired-up-roa ... ving-72625

http://globalnews.ca/news/2171804/uk-to ... hey-drive/

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbsnews ... e-driving/

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/electrek.co ... range/amp/

ect ect.

the ice days are numbered. time to face the future instead of staying in the neandrathal age :130:
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Don't worry MJ - Dino fueled vehicles will be king of the road for a very long time yet.

Also, the name of the company is Cummins - not Cummings.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

no one said it happen over night. but what we do know is some countries have already set dates for banning them i expect canada to set a date also .
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

maryjane48 wrote:no one said it happen over night. but what we do know is some countries have already set dates for banning them i expect canada to set a date also .

Possible target dates 20+ years away
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And that's okay. When did jet liners come on board after the first flight?

It's all a work in progress. Thank God the internet wasn't around to make fun of early boats.

You guys would all be like, "yaaaa but you can't carry much cargo can ya? And it wouldn't make it over the oceans to that huge waterfall on the flat part...."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:no one said it happen over night

Oh good, the reality vs fantasy of your EV utopia has finally sunk in :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Queen K wrote:And that's okay. When did jet liners come on board after the first flight?

It's all a work in progress. Thank God the internet wasn't around to make fun of early boats.

You guys would all be like, "yaaaa but you can't carry much cargo can ya? And it wouldn't make it over the oceans to that huge waterfall on the flat part...."

And you guys would all be like "early (whatever an early boat is) boats will fill the sea next year and jetliners will completely phase out propliners in the next few years!"

But you're right, it is work in progress - which is the point many of us are trying to make. Fact is that EVs are still in the infant stage despite being around for decades already. They appeal to a small part of the market and the market that makes them feasible as a daily driver is even smaller. They're getting better, but they still have a very long road ahead of them.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

An extended range version, which uses an efficient diesel engine as an on-board generator, will be available a year later, offering up to 300 miles between charges and 50 percent fuel savings compared to today’s diesel hybrids with zero emissions.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmulle ... a77d4d78f1

Return to “World”