Ah south park....snicker, I forgot about man-bear-pig
Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Comments on memes/cartoons

Post by Omnitheo »

Glacier wrote:
VENN.jpg

Wut?

Is this actually what you believe? Would explain a few things...
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Omnitheo wrote:Wut?

Is this actually what you believe? Would explain a few things...

No, but a lot of people do. Some is true, but not all of it in my view. I posted for my centrist friends.

Which part(s) do you take issue with?

EDIT: I've noticed the similarities before. For example, Sunday shopping was removed in NS 10 years ago (or so), those who didn't like it were the religious right and the progressive left. Those in the middle wanted another day to buy more stuff.

Here's another. Regulating sex. The progressive left thinks 1 in 5 women are raped at university, and want more restrictions on sex (no sex while drunk, etc.). Basically, any guy who engaging if free love is risking having regret sex, and thus rape. Only sex inside of marriage or a committed relationship can prevent that. A similar option from the religious right.

How about shaming heretics. Sam Harris and others on the left are deemed heretics by the left for disagreeing on one topic. Sometimes they're even called right even though they still fall on the left side. The religious right has been burning heretics at the stake for 5,000 years.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm sorry to do this to you, maryjane, but I have to challenge the presupposition of this meme. I don't mean to be a killjoy... I did laugh when I saw it... but beyond the ha ha, in the first picture the woman has her guns for self-defense; in the second picture, the woman uses the gun to commit murder.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

maryjane48 wrote: :200:

Or are they?
Looking closely at the photo, it seems the nearer row is more likely the militia dressed in their own uniform, as explained here:
https://extranewsfeed.com/the-story-beh ... 057ad961cd
A note about the image: C-Ville writes, “Margaret O’Bryant, librarian for the Albemarle Charlottesville Historical Society disputes the notion [that the headdresses in the photo are Klan members], explaining that the large number of billowy white objects in the crowd are not KKK robes, but are instead part of the tall caps called ‘shakos’ worn by one of the Virginia state militia units in attendance: the Richmond Light Infantry Blues.”

The author provides a photo of a young man wearing his uniform, holding his shako, for us to consider. Difficult to tell, isn't it? It's possible the creator of the meme read this same story and misunderstood what he or she was reading, since the meme author tells us that what appear to be KKK robes are being worn by the militia. Perhaps there's another source which supports the meme's statement. I suppose one often sees what one is looking for.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Oh my GOD!!!! They're wearing white shirts... must be nazi's! [icon_lol2.gif]
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

:135: I don't get it? Why would this meme *bleep* off any of the Republican snowflakes?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

averagejoe wrote:Image

Arpaio's illegal detentions of people only suspected of being illegal immigrants, his refusal to comply and continue to violate the Fourth and Fourteenth Amendment rights of numerous "suspects", and being found to have been in contempt of court for refusing to comply with a judicial order was “upholding” his constitutional oath of office?. Wow, that is some scary stuff you’re endorsing here joe. Is that your vision of "law and order"? I did not realize you supported police states and totalitarianism.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

^^^ OH plus plus Ka-El. Yes, the meme is based on an emotional level, that anyone in the prison system is okay to subjected to abuses by authorities. Therefore anything Arpairo did must be exhonorated because our emotions tell us he's the "good guy."
No he isn't and wasn't the good guy.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Ka-El wrote:Arpaio's illegal detentions of people only suspected of being illegal immigrants, his refusal to comply and continue to violate the Fourth and Fourteenth Amendment rights of numerous "suspects", and being found to have been in contempt of court for refusing to comply with a judicial order was “upholding” his constitutional oath of office?. Wow, that is some scary stuff you’re endorsing here joe. Is that your vision of "law and order"? I did not realize you supported police states and totalitarianism.

I do know you support open borders..... :D

Scary stuff when millions cross your border illegally and you have no clue who is crossing it..... :smt045

Now that's scary stuff....

I support legal immigration. Now that's rational.... :up:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

averagejoe wrote: I do know you support open borders.....

Actually, you know next to nothing of what I support. That would require some reading comprehension.

averagejoe wrote: I support legal immigration. Now that's rational.... :up:

... as well as illegal arrests and detentions of people only suspected of being illegal immigrants, the refusal to comply and continued violation of the Fourth and Fourteenth Amendment rights of numerous "suspects", and being in contempt of court for refusing to comply with judicial orders. Not really all that rational. Apparently you are in more support of police states.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol glac in that meme the point was the right are terrorists to :130:
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

sobrohusfat wrote:
twonks.jpg

Haha this could just as easily be "Microsoft supplies heading to Texas" or "castanetter supplies heading to Texas".
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

BeingHuman wrote:Image

It's easy to be judgemental and hateful from your warm dry living room, but it's kinda dumb when you don't know half the facts. It's been discussed in that thread.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/edstet ... -hous.html

https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/feature ... ns-church/
- Douglas Murray
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

averagejoe wrote:Image

He gave up his billionaire lifestyle? Remind me where he lives and how he's spent the majority of his weekends since becoming president?

The only difference is that Trump now plays Billionaire at taxpayer expense instead of at his personal expense.

Return to “World”