Helo Gives Cop A Lift

60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Re: Helo Gives Cop A Lift

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

There was at least 4 cars in there, the others dropped at Kelowna airport.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Ok good food for thought as this is very much a two sided group.

Group 1) thinks taking vehicles by ground is cheaper and this is a waist of tax money

Group 2) thinks this was a good idea because they took lots in one load and they where also taking many other supplies.

So we have lots to look at but let's get right to facts.
Driving is cheaper no doubt about it how ever it takes longer.

In the event of an emergency time is of the essence. If your home or friends home was about to burn or could be would you not want all that could be done.

Also trucking in supplies is not cheep or could be done all in one shot.

When an emergency hits it really is all hands on deck. We may never agree on why some things happen but there is always a reason.

If it was my property or house in that line of fire I would want all that could be done. In a provance that is slowly burning to the ground tax dollars being spent on flying in supplies is really not high on my list of things to complain about. I would much rather have a safe community that is not burning to the ground. That's just my two cents.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

if it was my property in danger and my tax dollars at work I would rather they brought in members from Vernon Penticton and Kamloops and had the replacements drive to those locations and really why wouldn't they just bring military personnel if it was such an emergency I guess that would make to much sense
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

JayByrd wrote:If all these concerned taxpayers feel this fire is not being handled correctly, I suggest you put your expertise to use and volunteer your services as a civilian consultant.

It's much easier being an armchair critic. Plus, you don't need a brain.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

ya there was really big brain involved in the decision to helicopter cop cars all over bc :up:

Return to “Central Okanagan”