Nice weather

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Nice weather

Post by Queen K »

Kelowna is still encased with smoke right now and I just hosed the ashes off my vehicle's front window. :-X
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

WOW, Merritt was rose over 30 degrees yesterday! From a low of 6.3C to an afternoon high of 36.6C!

Complete list of all BC weather stations...

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Penticton and Summerland haven't had measurable rain since June 28th. That's a streak of 64 days (after today). The old record for Penticton is 50 days. I wonder what the Canadian record is? I believe the Kamloops record is something like 63 days, and that was during February-April some decades ago.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Glacier wrote:Penticton and Summerland haven't had measurable rain since June 28th. That's a streak of 64 days (after today). The old record for Penticton is 50 days. I wonder what the Canadian record is? I believe the Kamloops record is something like 63 days, and that was during February-April some decades ago.

I don't know the exact record but I'd guess it's probably somewhere up north. Places like Eureka, Nunavut are super dry.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Frisk wrote:I don't know the exact record but I'd guess it's probably somewhere up north. Places like Eureka, Nunavut are super dry.

Ya, but those places don't go long periods without rain. For example, of all the major cities in Canada, Victoria has the longest rainless streak most years even though it's one of the wettest cities.
- Douglas Murray
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Glacier wrote:Ya, but those places don't go long periods without rain. For example, of all the major cities in Canada, Victoria has the longest rainless streak most years even though it's one of the wettest cities.

I think it depends on whether you count the "trace" readings as precipitation. I only had to go back to 2008 on the Eureka's historical data to find a 63 day streak without measurable precipitation.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Frisk wrote:I think it depends on whether you count the "trace" readings as precipitation. I only had to go back to 2008 on the Eureka's historical data to find a 63 day streak without measurable precipitation.

Penticton had trace in August, so not counting trace.
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

I just think the weather is nice
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Eureka went 69 days from November 1st, 1948 to January 8th, 1949 without precipitation.

Other: April 7th, 1950 to July 10th, 1950. That's 96 days in a row!

Other: 74 days in a row starting on October 21st, 1951.

Other: 87 days in a row starting on March 6th, 1952.

Other: 81 days in a row starting on January 11th, 1977.

There are no others longer than Penticton's current streak since 1977.
Last edited by Glacier on Aug 31st, 2017, 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Douglas Murray
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Today wasn't bad but they're calling fo more smoke and haze for the weekend. Only time since I've lived here I'm looking forward to fall and winter.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Could immediately smell that elephant hill once the north wind kicked up this evening.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

We are planning on working on our roof this weekend, so rain may be in the offing . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'd believe that if I was throwing a yard sale, but you tend to have better luck than I do. So I think you're safe.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

You could have a yard sale - between the two of us we might get some precip? :biggrin:
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I have a lot of books, I could sacrifice a few to the rain Gods, unfortunately I work Sat and Sun, would a Monday sale even get a turn out? :135:

Return to “Central Okanagan”