Was your bike stolen in the last week?

Lore
Übergod

Was your bike stolen in the last week?

Post by Lore »

I know of a home that has most likely stolen bikes on property.
Have contacted one guy already who's bike was stolen and its on this property.
If your bike has been stolen you NEED TO phone the police right away and report it
other wise nothing can be done.You need to do this quick as the scummy thiefs
and probably drug addicts don't keep the bikes very long.
So phone the police right away,
then post your missing bike (with pics) here https://classifieds.castanet.net/cat/se ... len_items/
post on craigslist, kijiji and anywhere else you can think of right away so
you have a chance to get your bike back.
If you want to pm me the info and pics of your missing bike and
you can and then if I see it on this property I will contact you.
But again, I need to stress that the first thing you need to do is make a police report.
I'm sick of these drug addict thiefs and want to stop them when I can.
ckirkey

Re: Was your bike stolen in the last week?

Post by ckirkey »

There were quite a few posts on the mamas for mamas Facebook group that had bikes and/or bike trailers stolen last week. Perhaps post there as well. Hope people can get their bikes back. Hate bike thieves!
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Worst part is is that there are some on this board that defend these scum.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1577243862525087/

Great post Lore.

And know what? Facebook as a site called "Lost But not Forgotten" for people with stolen bikes. See above link.

I too am sickened by people losing their ride to thieves of all types.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Queen K wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/1577243862525087/

Great post Lore.

And know what? Facebook as a site called "Lost But not Forgotten" for people with stolen bikes. See above link.

I too am sickened by people losing their ride to thieves of all types.

Thanks for this, maybe more people will get their bikes back from these scum criminals.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

At 1947 Pasnak (one block south of Capri mall) drug addicted hoarders and bike thiefs are getting booted out right now by the landload.The landload will let you see the bikes as there are several there that are stolen. Make sure your talking to the landlord though because the drug addicts there are nuts.
willow2

Post by willow2 »

Well the whole bike wasn't taken just the wheels. Right off the back of my motor home. The bikes are locked on there but the wheels are quick release. Not thinking that anyone would steal just the wheels. Freak now I have a useless bike.

So recently I bought a bike to replace the wheels. I bought it from someone who had their seat stolen.
Now in hind site I wonder if it really was his?? Or they wanted the seat and not the bike?? I don't know.
If you look on Castanet and Kijiji there are lots of bikes for sale. And how do you know if those ones are not stolen?
Recently my partner witnessed a homeless man pushing a shopping cart with 4 kids bikes in the cart. Your telling me that he just found them? The police are doing nothing about stolen property. If they find it and it can be identified as yours then your lucky but really, its a cash cow for druggies.
Spartan463

Post by Spartan463 »

People absolutely need to call RCMP to report a stolen bike. Don't wait to search craigslist/kijiji or just give up. In my work we come across almost 4 abandoned bikes a week that we give to Bikeways, a program that works with RCMP on found bikes. I've come across a really expensive bike just laying unattended in the downtown and was going to give it off to bikeways, however I was able to track the owner down thanks to unique stickers on the bike. He told me he didn't bother to call RCMP and considered it gone. If it wasn't for the unique stickers (Bike parking pass) the bike would have been given to bikeways and the man never gotten it again. So please for the sake of keeping down the stock pile of abandonned bikes, Lock the bike and if its been stolen, call RCMP.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

My Specialized Rock Hopper Comp was stolen from a friends back yard in 1993, close to Dorothea Walker Elementary.....still hasn't turned up :(
Sure do love Rutland!!

Return to “Central Okanagan”