48 years at the same place

A potpourri of off-topics.
cooper

48 years at the same place

Post by cooper »

so I'm not quite sure which section to post this in or whether to do a poll, my question to this forum is do you think being employed at the same place for 48 years is a feel good news worthy story Castanet should cover ??
Loki2u
Board Meister

Re: 48 years at the same place

Post by Loki2u »

It's always nice to read stories that are upbeat and celebrate achievement.

My Dad retired this spring after 42 years at the same place, and that is an incredibly long time to be with one employer. This doesn't seem to happen very often anymore. The company changed names 4 times I believe under his time there.

My dad worked hard his entire life to give the chance for me to live mine. I like to think he's proud of the person I've become, but I've always just strived to be like him. :smt045

Congrats on 48 years whoever you might be! :130:
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
cooper

Post by cooper »

I made a call to Castanet on behalf of my mother who dedicated 48 years of her life to one employer, the Okanagan Mainline Real Estate board, my call was received from Wayne Moore to which I explained I would like to know whether you could do an announcement on Castanet with regards, to which I got in return lots of people have retirement in Kelowna at 48+ years, I was shocked by the response, Kelowna is lucky to have people in their employment dedicated to them more than 2 years let a lone 48 years, the response I got as a son proud of his mother for her dedication to the Okanagan Mainline Real Estate Board from Wayne Moore was repulsive, if anyone in Kelowna can tell me the statitistic for people at a single employer past 45 years I'd like to see it
cooper

Post by cooper »

Castanet is shameful

btw Wayne I have the call on log, of all the chances at a positive story for employment in the Okanagan you failed miserably
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I wonder how many DIFFERENT jobs or career paths Wayne Moore will have in his working years? I would have to assume too many too count.
cooper

Post by cooper »

also my mother and father are second generation in Kelowna I'm 3rd generation and I say that proudly being in Kelowna, roots since 1920, Mr Moore you have no idea how *bleep* off at you I am, you've probably done 1 to many interviews with Christy Clarke and think you're career has peaked
cooper

Post by cooper »

anyway this is a conversation for me and the owner of Castanet to have with regards to judgement calls in the community, he better be open to rectifying mistakes, they can reach me at *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 1st, 2017, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: email address removed
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

I am NOT trying to justify anything but, I wonder if he thought that you meant that your mom worked in the area for 48 years but didn't realize it was the same employer for the whole time......it may have been an inadvertent error.
Regardless, that is a fantastic achievement and your mother should be very proud!!
You and 71 others Like this post
cooper

Post by cooper »

well from the phone conversation it seemed like Mr Moore couldn't be bothered, I thought this site was a community board guess I was wrong, proof to you the reader what this site is all about
cooper

Post by cooper »

please move this post back to main page central okanagan
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I can't make sense of their news choices either. I have heard that if you write your own piece, they may be willing to include you as a guest columnist. In other words, they don't want to spend the time on your story, which doesn't mean it's not important, it just might be a manpower issue, and the person you talked to needs to learn some PR techniques.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

not really a news worthy story my father put in 50 plus for the same employer and I didn't expect global to pick it up as breaking news I think youre making a bigger deal out of this than necessary
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Did you try Global, info tel, or Kelowna Courier?

Return to “Grab Bag”