37 tickets issued for prohibited or unattended fires

gsc
Board Meister

37 tickets issued for prohibited or unattended fires

Post by gsc »

According to the B.C. Conservation Officer Service’s deputy chief, Chris Doyle, 37 tickets have been issued for prohibited or unattended fires in the past week.

Are you kidding me. Do these people live under a rock or just stupid. The fire ban applies to every one not just random people.

I would also love to know what is going through someone's head when they think It's OK to have a fire during a fire ban. They can't keep playing stupid and saying they didn't know about the fire ban.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: 37 tickets issued for prohibited or unattended fires

Post by WalterWhite »

gsc wrote:According to the B.C. Conservation Officer Service’s deputy chief, Chris Doyle, 37 tickets have been issued for prohibited or unattended fires in the past week.

Are you kidding me. Do these people live under a rock or just stupid. The fire ban applies to every one not just random people.

I would also love to know what is going through someone's head when they think It's OK to have a fire during a fire ban. They can't keep playing stupid and saying they didn't know about the fire ban.

The current fines are a step in the right direction - but obviously still not significant enough.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

I fully agree with you. Clearly the fine we have now is not a big enough deterrent. 37 fines in one week is just crazy thats roughly 5 fires a day being found.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

The one positive to take away from this is that the BC Conservation services is taking this seriously and aggressively seeking out offenders.

Return to “Central Okanagan”