Post by Opeeved »

the truth wrote:and that's the truth

And that's no truth, in historical in accuracy. Take that to the bank
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
Opeeved
Fledgling

Re: Multi Million dollar payout to Omar Khadr

Post by Opeeved »

Catsumi wrote:Rwede, thanks for posting this link.

It takes many pairs of eyes to keep watch on this slippery, conniving, untrustworthy excuse of a PM. I know we "get the government we deserve" so voters perhaps can learn something from the never ending slashes to the throat the Liberals have inflicted on Canada.

WHY was the payout of 10.5 million to be a secret?

1. Tator Tot KNEW he was doing wrong.
2. He KNEW Canadians and USA would be outraged.
3. He KNEW he was sneekily setting precedent.

So, the truth of the matter has been revealed and now he's on a witch hunt to find the person who leaked (informed) us of this travesty.

As one of the posters in the link said, "if that person's identity is revealed he/she will be seen as a hero and will be crowd funded with enthusiasm". I can't help wishing there were more like him/her.

Will the next election never come???

:-X

When I was a tator tot of 15, I couldn't get a drivers license, couldn't vote let alone know what other nations would think e.g. at 44 I'm still debating with people twice my age why. the world goes to war and why certain sects want to destroy us. And it took till 16 in grade 11 law class to learn what precedent meant.

My father was the guiding beacon of values in my life, and he was the one who sent me to bed "without dinner" and grounded me when I did wrong.

So sure, let's place geriatic life lessons on a child taken years before to convict of war time atrocity, a confession under duress or torture without due process or representation, and label "terrorist" .

That really is a stretch.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Geriatric or not, I still stand by my post. He IS a terrorist by any reasonable person's definition and explains the outrage at PM's top secret actions in paying out our money to him.

It is galling to think that PM tried to dodge public scrutiny and is now hunting down the whistleblower.

Looking at your posts I am sure your father is proud of you.

[icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Catsumi wrote:Geriatric or not, I still stand by my post. He IS a terrorist by any reasonable person's definition and explains the outrage at PM's top secret actions in paying out our money to him.

It is galling to think that PM tried to dodge public scrutiny and is now hunting down the whistleblower.

[icon_lol2.gif]

Any reasonable person that just got bombed, quite literally, would shoot back. It appears that your life has been so good and peaceful, haven't lost anything to war or violence, gives you a sense of superiority. When someone points a gun in your face, literally, you'll understand the concept of self preservation, or at least take the the people that shot you twice, with you.

And my father is proud of me. Thank you very much. Low blow and utterly dishonorable thing to say btw. And I would stand by him and defend him to my death no matter which people or nation attacked him. That's loyalty. That's blood. That's family. THE only people that will stand beside you no matter what and will give their life for you. The only thing we have in this world.

I guess your family is different.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Catsumi wrote:Geriatric or not, I still stand by my post. He IS a terrorist by any reasonable person's definition and explains the outrage at PM's top secret actions in paying out our money to him.

[icon_lol2.gif]

Any reasonable person that just got bombed, quite literally, would shoot back. It appears that your life has been so good and peaceful, haven't lost anything to war or violence, gives you a sense of superiority. When someone points a gun in your face, literally, you'll understand the concept of self preservation, or at least take the the people that shot you twice, with you.

And my father is proud of me. Thank you very much. Low blow and utterly dishonorable thing to say btw. And I would stand by him and defend him to my death no matter which people or nation attacked him. That's loyalty. That's blood. That's family. THE only people that will stand beside you no matter what and will give their life for you. The only thing we have in this world.

Eta- so none of the points I made that you stand against, are at all worthy of discussion that you may be willing to bend a little? To at least see the point I made?

Our prime minister stands for your charter rights. Payment or not. You can see that, can't you?
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Opeeved wrote:/............

Loyalty and family can be, and usually is, blind to rights and wrongs. I guess blood is truer than fact, eh?
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Rider59 wrote: Loyalty and family can be, and usually is, blind to rights and wrongs. I guess blood is truer than fact, eh?

That can be true, but a 13 year old boy abducted by his father and taken to a war zone is going to be very vulnerable and inclined to listen to and absorb everything his father (and older brother) have to tell him. The facts are:

1. Khadr was 13 years old when abducted and taken by his father from Canada to a war zone
2. He has indoctrinated by his father and brother to join their righteous cause in defending their homeland from the aggressor
3. He has known to have been tasked (by his father) with assembling IEDs, a weapon a peasant force will use in conflict against a superior military force.
4. When he was 15 years old his village was attacked by a force of Delta marines arriving by Blackhawks – most of us can only imagine the terror of this type of assault (sidewinder missiles to "soften" target, 50 cal machine guns laying cover fire).
5. He was shot and injured, and captured in Afghanistan by U.S. forces on July 27, at the 2002.
6. Delta Force soldier Christopher Speer was fatally wounded during the firefight when a grenade exploded ( a not unusual event during combat ).
7. At age 15 he was taken as a prisoner of war and in 2010 accepted a Pentagon plea deal in Guantanamo in 2010 for an eight-year-sentence and a chance to be repatriated to Canada in exchange for admitting that he threw the grenade (he considered the plea deal the only way he would ever leave Guantanamo).
8. There is now evidence based on where he was found in the compound, it would have been impossible for him to have thrown the grenade that hit Speer.

Bottom line; he was 15 years old (a child), in an active war zone indoctrinated by his father and older brother and fighting a superior military force. During an assault on his village by a force of Delta marines arriving by Blackhawks a grenade was thrown and the Americans suffered a casualty (after wiping out the village). They captured Khadr, blamed him for it and labelled him a terrorist so that he could be held indefinitely and tortured at Guantanamo. If we’re going to label Khadr a terrorist, then we have to label every single soldier who ever kills an enemy soldier in combat a terrorist also. The Canadian government grossly failed Khadr, who was at the time still a child.

I agree with everyone that a 10 million pay-out might seem absurd, but this is a person who had every reason and right to sue our government.

$134-million claim against Khadr is based on false information

A multimillion-dollar claim seeking damages against Omar Khadr for the death of a U.S. special forces soldier should be dismissed because it relies on false information and a conviction before Guantanamo’s controversial military courts, documents filed Tuesday state.

Nathan Whitling, Khadr’s lawyer, wrote in the statement of defence to the Ontario Superior Court of Justice that the Utah claim for $134.1 million (U.S.) “would never have existed but for the unlawful detention, abuse, torture, and other mistreatment of (Khadr) in Bagram and GTMO.”

Khadr, now 30, was shot and captured in Afghanistan by U.S. forces on July 27, 2002, at the age of 15. Delta Force soldier Christopher Speer was fatally wounded during the firefight AND Sgt. Layne Morris was hit by shrapnel and lost sight in one eye. Khadr, grievously wounded and also blinded in one eye, was transferred to the U.S. base in Bagram, Afghanistan, where he received life-saving medical treatment and was interrogated for nearly three months before his transfer to Guantanamo, also known by the acronym GTMO.

Morris and Speer’s widow, Tabitha, brought a wrongful-death suit against Khadr, winning by default in 2015. (Khadr was detained at the time in Canada.) They are appealing to the Canadian courts to enforce the ruling.

But Whitling wrote that part of their claim, stating that Khadr was the only person alive in the compound in Afghanistan when Speer was hit by a grenade, is false.

The evidence before the military commission confirmed that there was a combatant alive in the compound and firing his weapon at the U.S. combatants entering the compound, which individual was . . . in the same area from which the grenade had been thrown.”

Khadr accepted a Pentagon plea deal in Guantanamo in 2010 for an eight-year-sentence and a chance to be repatriated to Canada in exchange for admitting that he threw the grenade. He said upon his return that he considered the plea deal the only way he would ever leave Guantanamo — and that he is unsure about his memories of the firefight. His lawyers have argued based on where he was in the compound, it would have been impossible for him to have thrown the grenade that hit Speer.

Whitling, in his statement of defence against the Utah suit, further argues that Canada cannot enforce a judgment based on a conviction under the military commissions at Guantanamo.

“The supposed U.S. common law of war relied upon by the U.S. prosecutors did not exist at the time of the alleged conduct (by Khadr), does not exist today, and is unknown to the international community of nations,” he wrote.

Khadr received an apology, and along with his lawyers was given a $10.5-million settlement from Ottawa for his mistreatment by Canadian officials while held as a minor in Guantanamo.

Canada’s Supreme Court has harshly condemned the federal government for its mistreatment of Khadr — under both past Liberal and Conservative governments.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/do ... &ocid=iehp
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 2nd, 2017, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 2nd, 2017, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

It is easy to see that a couple of posters are up to their usual transparent tactics of deflecting from the issue under discussion.

So. :topic:

For those who haven't yet read and understood the implications of what our PM is doing, please open link below. It is short, to the point and not many big words.

AFTER you have assimilated it, please, come back and explain why you think it's an honourable thing for our PM to attempt to keep secret a dishonourable payment to a terrorist, and THEN witch-hunt the whistleblower who informed Canadians of what was going on.

Try it, just once, a rational discussion!

:130:

http://globalnews.ca/news/3709390/omar- ... stigation/[/quote]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Catsumi wrote:It is easy to see that a couple of posters are up to their usual transparent tactics of deflecting from the issue under discussion.

So. :topic:

For those who haven't yet read and understood the implications of what our PM is doing, please open link below. It is short, to the point and not many big words.

AFTER you have assimilated it, please, come back and explain why you think it's an honourable thing for our PM to attempt to keep secret a dishonourable payment to a terrorist, and THEN witch-hunt the whistleblower who informed Canadians of what was going on.

Try it, just once, a rational discussion!

:130:

http://globalnews.ca/news/3709390/omar- ... stigation/
[/quote]
Tell you what. WHEN you can observe the definition of child soldier, familial truthes, and indoctrination, and not label terrorist as the paranoid word of history. I'll read your article and have a civil non transparent honourable debate. Until then, you're putting the horse before the cart with transparent dis Honourable bias and labels. Fair enough?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Let's simplify the burning issue down to its basics, remove all political leanings (if it was Harper, for example, rather than Trudeau, would that change your stance?) and look at this issue pared down to the bones.

1. Should the PM present or future, be involved in secretive payouts, out of the public eye and with taxpayers money?

2. If such shenanigans are exposed by a whistleblower, should he be hunted down and dealt with by the very same PM that authorized the payout?

If you find that you disagree, don't you realize that this is the same sort of antics that Trump performs? Shoot from the lip, the hip, or tweet. Then, when called out on his deplorable actions he ducks, dodges and finds someone, anyone, to point a finger at to offload blame onto. A scapegoat, if you will.

You just can't have it both ways.

Unknown
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

[icon_lol2.gif]

how can you be so sure. yet your silent on the right . if nazis are fine but muslims not then they arent the problem . you are :smt045
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

[icon_lol2.gif][/quote]
how can you be so sure. yet your silent on the right . if nazis are fine but muslims not then they arent the problem . you are :smt045[/quote]

Simply cannot make head or tail of your post. Maybe try again tomorrow, but please, read over my post above this. Leave out politics, personal attacks, name calling (Nazi?? :200: Give your head a good shake! You see them on every thread!) and stick to a well considered reply.

Try to get :topic:

Unknown
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Catsumi wrote:Let's simplify the burning issue down to its basics, remove all political leanings (if it was Harper, for example, rather than Trudeau, would that change your stance?) and look at this issue pared down to the bones.

1. Should the PM present or future, be involved in secretive payouts, out of the public eye and with taxpayers money?

2. If such shenanigans are exposed by a whistleblower, should he be hunted down and dealt with by the very same PM that authorized the payout?

If you find that you disagree, don't you realize that this is the same sort of antics that Trump performs? Shoot from the lip, the hip, or tweet. Then, when called out on his deplorable actions he ducks, dodges and finds someone, anyone, to point a finger at to offload blame onto. A scapegoat, if you will.

You just can't have it both ways.

I don't have any time at this moment .
My girl is waiting while I smoke. I'm only responding at this point rto you catsumi, to point out, that you did not acknowledge my post, when I acknowledged yours. I can answer those questions. With everything I know.
However, you didn't answer one of mine or at least say crap, ya or not. Debate? Or just deflect for what you want?

So....

Return to “Canada”