Why the NDP is in power now

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: Why the NDP is in power now

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 4th, 2017, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 4th, 2017, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Clearly people have quite diverse definitions of lame.

For me lame is a government that after 16yrs in opposition still doesn't have a plan, a budget, or a clue, and after all the venom directed toward their foe, have no qualms about retaining a policy put in place by said foe. Now that is lame. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote: So let's just sit back and enjoy the ride. :smt045

Pretty sure this is what the captain of the Titanic said right before the ship hit the iceberg.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

rustled wrote:So now we wait to see how long the NDP can hold on, and just how much bad behaviour their die-hard supporters will excuse.

I think we know the answer to this question and it is "unlimited." The trained NDP sheep still won't admit what a giant dumpster fire the NDP were in the 1990's, despite the massive pain and suffering they caused that led to their 77-2 drubbing in 2001. The NOD supporters can't ever admit their party's stupidity. They even lie to themselves. This is why they lose election after election, including the last one.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Cactusflower wrote:Congratulations, O.T. Since you have the only rebuttal to my explanation of why the NDP is in power now, you win first prize.......even though it was extremely lame.
You wanted a serious response to a post saying that the ndp would be able to cost a project, the greens using cheaper materials (eco-materials are never cheaper), and the liberals being less economic?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
That, my friends is how the BCLP operates, and that's why they are no longer our government.

and yet how we have seen the NDP operate:

The NDP would wait for the Liberals to give their estimate, scream in agony to everyone who would listen about how awful it is, refuse to actually give a quote to the contractor, and then, after by some blatant incompetence or extremely poor due diligence by the contractor (ie - I didn't give the job to the Liberals not because of their abilities or price, I just "didn't like" the lady who presented their offer) whereby he gives the NDP the job, he is then dumb-founded when they show up and tell the contractor to hand over the quote from the Liberals, as that's exactly what they will be doing, but only with the help of the Green Party. By this point, it's too late to hire the Liberals, and the Greens and NDP move in to start the job, only they can't even get started because they oppose the electricity needed to start, and the pipeline needed to move the oil they require.

The contractor stands there shaking his head, wondering, "why didn't I like that lady again?"
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Much better. At least some thought went into it. Still, the NDP is in power and will be for much longer than the BCLP supporters expect. If they can come up with a leader with a 'cute smile' and a good line of b.s., they might have a half-decent showing in 2021, but don't hold your breath.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

It will be interesting to see what the NDP come up with when they have to start relying on their own work. (I doubt the Green party's patience with them will extend to the next sitting.)

Best not to hold our breath for that, either.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:Much better. At least some thought went into it. Still, the NDP is in power and will be for much longer than the BCLP supporters expect..

The New Dumbs have been in power already longer than I expected so that's not much of a bar. And I'm truly not a "BCLP supporter", and I strongly wish that we had another alternative that was better, instead of even worse and more corrupt than them (the New Dumbs and Green lunatics).
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

rustled wrote:It will be interesting to see what the NDP come up with when they have to start relying on their own work. (I doubt the Green party's patience with them will extend to the next sitting.)

Best not to hold our breath for that, either.

Considering Weavers best chance at having his party still exist after the next election is to at some point repent and condemn Horgan, and that he was "misled" or some such BS it quite certain this doesn't go 4 years.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

The NDP/Green alliance will remain in power because:
Attachments
bc libs struggle.JPG
Chill
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Makes sense. They will remain in power because of Keith Baldrey and his opinion. Got it. All hail Keith, master of everything.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “B.C.”