Nice weather

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Nice weather

Post by Glacier »

The forecast in the Cariboo for tomorrow has dropped from a high of 29 to a high of 19! It's normally about 3 or 4 degrees hotter in the Okanagan, but lately it's been 10 or more degrees warmer down our way. Tomorrow is going to to be 14 degrees warmer in Kelowna than the Chilcotin.

Periods of rain forecast for Williams Lake tomorrow night. It just seems to be stuck north of Kamloops. They've had quite a few rain days over the past 10 days up there.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Hottest July-August ever? Wut??
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Do I dare believe them?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/205758/Chance-of-rain-this-week

The Okanagan is in for another hot few days, but the City may get some much need rain toward the end of the week.

A beautiful labour day Monday is in store.

Kelowna should see a high of 31 C and local smoke throughout.

Tuesday and Wednesday will be 32 C and a mix of sun and cloud.

Thursday will hover around 31 degrees C with a 70 per cent of showers heading into the evening.

Friday morning Environment Canada predicts the rain will continue. Friday could reach a high of 26 C with cloudy periods and a 70 per cent chance of showers.

Saturday and Sunday should both see a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 25 Degrees Celsius.

Glacier?
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Don't ask Glacier, just check my vacation days. Starting the day after Friday? Yes. And there we have it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Queen K wrote:Don't ask Glacier, just check my vacation days. Starting the day after Friday? Yes. And there we have it.

Oh dear. Well, thanks for taking one for the team! :up:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Anything to get rain. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Hottest day EVER in Squamish today! More than 38 degrees!

- Douglas Murray
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Adios summer
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

All five days of it.

We had flooding, drought, smok-nagan, but no real Summer.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

July was pretty nice. Kinda crappy after that though.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Queen K wrote:All five days of it.

We had flooding, drought, smok-nagan, but no real Summer.

I'm with you there..........you forgot to mention our endless winter and cold spring this year. Hopefully we can salvage a nice Autumn and then follow that with a mild, snowless winter in Kelowna.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Some more rain headed our way. South okanagan could probably use some, they didn't get much yesterday.
Attachments
Radar 1.png
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

No rain here yet. The fire season is now over. There will be no more evacuations. Fires will slowly burn out and die down.

We went from extreme wet to extreme dry. What's next... extreme cold? extreme snow? Who knows...

P.S. Summerland had 3.2mm of rain yesterday, ending its 71 day dry spell. Penticton looks to be ending it today at 72 days in a row.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

ARRRGH, this rain is horrific, I'm so sick of the rain!!!!

Okay, only kidding. Nice to see it. We need it.

Speaking of rain, the #FakeNewsMedia is at it again.

It was pointed out last week how Castanet was caught lying about July-August being the hottest ever, but now it's more of the same.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#206157

The rain has begun to fall in parts of Pentiction, Vernon and Kelowna.

Thunder and lightning have been heard throughout the Okanagan starting from approximately 7:15 p.m.

In Penticton it took 71 days to see raindrops fall.

"This is real rain, wipers on kind," said a Vernon resident as he was driving through Winfield.

As for the rest of the Okanagan, its longest dry spell this year was 44 days which ended on Sunday August 13.

Um, no, Penticton did not get any rain yesterday. Summerland did, ending it's 71 day winning streak. Penticton got rain today, ending the streak at 72 days.

A new article from today also pegs the Penticton streak at 71 days, though it rightly points it that it never got rain until today (the 9th). The last time it received rain was June 28th. Let's do the math:

29th & 30th = 2 days.
31 days in July = 31 days.
31 days in August = 31 days.
8 days in September.

31 + 31 +2 +8 = 72.

#MathFail
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

They should hire you to confirm their facts before they post, Glacier :130:

Return to “Central Okanagan”