Smoking Scofflaws

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Smoking Scofflaws

Post by Smurf »

You can't fix stupid.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

So he 'pinched the butt out' - okay, WHERE did he put the burning end that he 'pinched off'????

In his lap, on the car floor, the passenger seat???

I doubt it!! He probably stuck his hand out and pinched off the burning end onto the roadway, then dropped the pinched butt almost immediately. The still burning end he pinched off is quite capable of starting a fire - even being blown to the side of the road where it could easily set fire to dry vegetation.

Yup..can't fix stupid!!
Chill
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

flamingfingers wrote:So he 'pinched the butt out' - okay, WHERE did he put the burning end that he 'pinched off'????

In his lap, on the car floor, the passenger seat???

I doubt it!! He probably stuck his hand out and pinched off the burning end onto the roadway, then dropped the pinched butt almost immediately. The still burning end he pinched off is quite capable of starting a fire - even being blown to the side of the road where it could easily set fire to dry vegetation.

Yup..can't fix stupid!!
as a fellow smoker, you know "exactly" where the ember went. Please please don't pretend otherwise :)
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Smurf wrote:You can't fix stupid.

And..... one can't fix righteousness. Touche :)
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

as a fellow smoker, you know "exactly" where the ember went. Please please don't pretend otherwise :)

Yes, it went out the car window, onto the highway and possibly into dry vegetation alongside the road. Do you think otherwise?
Chill
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

No. I don't.
*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 4th, 2017, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 4th, 2017, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

When see hundreds cigarette butts along side the road in any direction I go for a walk.
All that tells me is smokers are huge litter bugs, it only takes 1 to start a fire.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

GordonH wrote:When see hundreds cigarette butts along side the road in any direction I go for a walk.
All that tells me is smokers are huge litter bugs, it only takes 1 to start a fire.

There is NO excuse for this kind of litter. Or or any OTHER kind of litter.
Chill
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Are you insinuating that is not stupid to throw garbage possibly on fire or not out of your car onto the road or wherever. That says a lot about you, for sure.

Believe me I am not being righteous to say that throwing out garbage and or littering is wrong and stupid. People that do it are absolute slobs. Kind of like carrying out whatever you carry in. I like the world we live in and can't stand slobs that continuously try to ruin it with their garbage.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Smurf wrote:
Are you insinuating that is not stupid to throw garbage possibly on fire or not out of your car onto the road or wherever. That says a lot about you, for sure

Was that directed at ME, Smurf??? Have you even bothered to read what I have posted?
Chill
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

No FF it definitely was not. You have been very plain about your feelings on littering.

I actually copied this and forgot to quote it. My bad but this is where it was aimed.

Smurf wrote:
You can't fix stupid.

Opeeved wrote:
And..... one can't fix righteousness. Touche :)

MrSandman

Post by MrSandman »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 5th, 2017, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 5th, 2017, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

GordonH wrote:When see hundreds cigarette butts along side the road in any direction I go for a walk.

IMO - A possible fix to this butt littering is as follows:

A 10¢ per cigarette recycle fee imposed on each and every cigarette sold.
Loose tobacco fee to be equal to the number of cigarettes that can be made.
15¢ for small cigars - $1 for any cigar costing more than $5 each.

5¢ refundable at a recycle depot - the other 5¢ used for overhead and disposal costs.
Same refund on everything 5¢.

In short order every butt would be cleaned up by those that want to make money doing recycle.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.

Return to “B.C.”