Re: Gas Prices.

Post by LTD »

works out to about 8 bucks more on a tank of fuel for me hardly life altering
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

slootman wrote:
Sparki55 wrote:What we are debating is something people rely on to get to work and buy groceries.

Most people could walk, bike, take a bus, carpool, etc etc etc if they really wanted to.

Most people don't do any of those things even though they could. Its way easier to just buy gas anyway then complain on the internet.

Funny how some people confuse reliance with convenience.

I'll assume you are a single, 20- 30 year old.

It's difficult to have a family of 4 and buy groceries, take kids to sports practices (with sports gear), drop off at daycare, go camping, drive to visit family (that live a 40 min walk from the nearest transit station) by taking transit.
Need I ramble on for you? Until electric vehicles are affordable for the average family and recharge stations are everywhere, people will rely on fuel.

Families need a car to save time to fit in every thing that needs to be done. If you have ever done a family shopping trip at Costco, you would understand you can't take that much food back with you on transit; it would take too many transit rides.
Xislander

Post by Xislander »

A bit of perspective here:

Where we gas up in our former winter home near Glendale AZ - premium is up to 80 cents a litre CAD an increase of 1.6 cents as a result of the hurricane.

Our local Shell (Lakeshore) is $ 1.439 CAD today.

I understand the market is different, and taxes are a bit higher here in Kelowna so I would not question a difference of 20-30% but when it's 80% more I can't help but feeling we are getting gouged here in Kelowna (and Canada in general).
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Cheapest $1.049 Prince George
Most expensive $1.479 North Vancouver
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Cheapest $1.049 Prince George
Most expensive $1.479 North Vancouver

yup............ http://markets.businessinsider.com/comm ... e?type=wti
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Heads up, gas prices will be going up by 13 cents/ltr on Thurs.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4275642
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Well that story is in New Brunswick where the current price is $1.11.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

LTD wrote:works out to about 8 bucks more on a tank of fuel for me hardly life altering

Great, if it's not too much for you then give me 8 bucks. No? I guess 8 bucks is maybe more life altering after all. [icon_lol2.gif]
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Bsuds wrote:Well that story is in New Brunswick where the current price is $1.11.

LOL. Heard it on cbc radio, Googled it and that came up. Oops.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

For hell of it I took look at 1 hybrid fuel consumption, I was a little surprised at the numbers.

2018 Toyota Rav 4:
L/100 Km hwy 8.17 gasoline (average between different models)
L/100 Km hwy 7.8 hybrid

I guess I was expecting to see bigger difference between the 2, based on this why buy a hybrid.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:For hell of it I took look at 1 hybrid fuel consumption, I was a little surprised at the numbers.

2018 Toyota Rav 4:
L/100 Km hwy 8.17 gasoline (average between different models)
L/100 Km hwy 7.8 hybrid

I guess I was expecting to see bigger difference between the 2, based on this why buy a hybrid.

Hybrids are more suited for around town with lots of stops and go's - highway driving there is no advantage.

Top Gear did a test some years ago where a BMW M3 got better overall mileage than a hybrid.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

LTD wrote:works out to about 8 bucks more on a tank of fuel for me hardly life altering

When I was on the road I would fill up an average of 3-4 times a week, so $100+ a month is a big deal.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Central Okanagan”