Schools Back In- Watch your speed

Home of the traffic rant.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Schools Back In- Watch your speed

Post by Loki2u »

School is back in session tomorrow. Just a friendly reminder to keep an eye on the road tomorrow and watch your speed in the school zones. Don't need any injuries or a pricey drive to work. Be safe out there!
:130:
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: Schools Back In- Watch your speed

Post by Symbonite »

School is back...watch out for those crazy parents that seem to not know how to drive also.

Did they not say just recently that you should make your kids walk because its better for them.

Also another study said that its never been safer for a kid to walk to school than in the vehicle.

Anyways heard this on1150 am Monday afternoon
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Symbonite wrote:School is back...watch out for those crazy parents that seem to not know how to drive also.

Drop off and pick up times are just crazy with these people. The rest of the day it's the ones on their phones oblivious to the School Zones.

I wish they would just put speed bumps in all School zones.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

People should watch their speed EVERY DAY .....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

And Castanet headlines send Kelowna a REMINDER at 11:27 AM today..............4 hours after school starts. Maybe YESTERDAY would have worked better since the children's safety is paramount. Right Kelowna Traffic Services officer L.M.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

lesliepaul wrote:And Castanet headlines send Kelowna a REMINDER at 11:27 AM today..............4 hours after school starts. Maybe YESTERDAY would have worked better since the children's safety is paramount. Right Kelowna Traffic Services officer L.M.

Well knowing how fast the news gets posted it probably went in a couple of days ago... :D
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
sublime
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by sublime »

Symbonite wrote: Did they not say just recently that you should make your kids walk because its better for them.

Also another study said that its never been safer for a kid to walk to school than in the vehicle.

Would definitely cut down on unnecessary traffic and parked vehicles on the roads. Understandable if your child is too far away, but that is not the case for all of them. Your little snowflake will be fine. All the generations before had no issues.
The ignore list is a fine function... Reading or responding to fear mafia posts is a waste of time.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

It's both sad & ironic some of worse offenders of school zones are the parents.
So smarten the hell up.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
sulchie
Fledgling

Post by sulchie »

Had a nimrod tailgating this morning through a school zone. Made my day seeing his *bleep* off face in my mirror when I slowed down to 20km/h.
spooker

Post by spooker »

And sometimes it's not even the school zones that are dangerous ... numerous times I've seen people run the red light at Cawston on Gordon while school kids were getting ready to cross to or from Bankhead ... dreamed of automatic bollards rising up when the light turns red to protect the more vulnerable ... but just thankful nothing has happened there (yet)
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

lesliepaul wrote:And Castanet headlines send Kelowna a REMINDER at 11:27 AM today..............4 hours after school starts. Maybe YESTERDAY would have worked better since the children's safety is paramount. Right Kelowna Traffic Services officer L.M.

I couldn't care about that ... Why should idiot drivers get advanced warning about targeted enforcement anyway ?? People should know better .

I'm just glad the cops are not cherry picking on Enterprise for a change ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It's not like people don't know when school starts.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:It's not like people don't know when school starts.

If they don't they should be handing in their D/L, it happens every year right after Labour Day weekend.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

If they don't they should be handing in their D/L, it happens every year right after Labour Day weekend.
[/quote]

There is no exact set date. You know as well as me (common sense) it can easily slip your mind if you do not have school-aged children at home.

As far as the media putting out the word as a reminder in advance...........I'd call it a public service.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

lesliepaul wrote:There is no exact set date. You know as well as me (common sense) it can easily slip your mind if you do not have school-aged children at home.

As far as the media putting out the word as a reminder in advance...........I'd call it a public service.

I've been out of school for many decades now, 1 common item is after Labour Day long weekend. School starts for new year.
Anyone unaware of this has serious problems

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”