Stay clear of fire aircraft

snarkybc

Stay clear of fire aircraft

Post by snarkybc »

This makes me furious! I understand the police are busy, but there needs to be some very serious implications for being this close to a fire aircraft while it is doing its job.

Here is the original news feed: https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#205825

I do not understand how STUPID people can get. There should be someone out on the water giving these idiots $5,000 fines for getting close to fire aircraft. You do not know where the plane needs to come down to the water, how long the plane needs to be on the water so for this reason..... park your boat and watch from the shore! Common sense :-X :200: It should not ever be a news story to post a reminder to those on the lake, to stay clear.

Unfortunately, you hindering the planes could mean someone's property gets lost or even worse yet.... someone dies! because you needed to video tape.
dmctighe

Re: Stay clear of fire aircraft

Post by dmctighe »

The stupidity of some boaters is truly amazing ? ?
Green-light
Fledgling

Post by Green-light »

We have the resources available to have an RCMP, SAR or Fire Dep't. watercraft on location to the skimmer and bucket sites.
I think it would be well supported by the general public if those resources were dedicated to keeping waterways clear of Darwin's folly.
The poster's of the video should be tracked down. If nothing else, pull a few fingernails to get them to couch up names. I bet they confess after the first yank.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Every year there is a wildfire in the area, the idiot looky loo's are out in full force getting in the way.
impo a solution to this problem would be install cameras on scooping aircraft, then have RCMP confiscate each of offending boats.
Maybe then the as :cuss: holes will learn to stay the f :cuss: away from the area.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Green-light
Fledgling

Post by Green-light »

GordonH wrote:Maybe then the as :cuss: holes will learn to stay the f :cuss: away from the area.

Prob'ly not, but at least we locals would have some nice boats to snipe at the local auctions. :up:
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Heavy fines needed or, as some have said, confiscation. I like how Canada National Parks are dealing with the backcountry in Waterton. Up to $25,000 fine for being caught in a closed area. Just being in the area. That is max fine but still it does give them a big stick to beat on scofflaw's wallets.

http://www.pc.gc.ca/apps/scond/Cond_E.a ... ark=100429
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Big fine. And boat seizure. Send them back to Alberta with an empty boat trailer.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

600 gallons of water at 140 knots. No boat problem.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Over 5300 liters capacity from those CL-215T's, depending on configuration can be over 6000! 6000 kg of water is enough to sink that boat and also hurt those involved real good. If they survive, it would be a great story they could tell of their stupid adventures in the Okanagan.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”