Schools Back In- Watch your speed

Home of the traffic rant.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Schools Back In- Watch your speed

Post by MAPearce »

As far as the media putting out the word as a reminder in advance...........I'd call it a public service.

Bull *bleep* ....

Anyone old enough to obtain a learners licence in this COSMOS has been to school long enough to know when school starts..

NO reminder necessary .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Apparently they need reminders about a lot of things. Just look at all the driving laws being broken constantly.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

MAPearce wrote:I'm just glad the cops are not cherry picking on Enterprise for a change ....

Hmm...

Drunks
Distracted drivers
No DL
Expired DL
No seatbelt*

Sounds like fine cherry picking to me.

* What year is it, 1977 or something?
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

MAPearce wrote:Why should idiot drivers get advanced warning about targeted enforcement anyway

Because it'll hopefully slow them down, and at the end of the day - thats the point :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

MAPearce wrote:Why should idiot drivers get advanced warning about targeted enforcement anyway

Dizzy1 wrote:Because it'll hopefully slow them down, and at the end of the day - thats the point :up:

Don't worry MAPearce there are enough impatient dumd :cuss: drivers that would still get tickets, even with monster billboard warning them ahead of time.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

MAPearce wrote: I couldn't care about that ... Why should idiot drivers get advanced warning about targeted enforcement anyway ?? People should know better .

You really think this? You want to put kid's safety at risk to try to catch a couple of speeders? You're quite the piece of work.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

GordonH wrote:Don't worry MAPearce there are enough impatient dumd :cuss: drivers that would still get tickets, even with monster billboard warning them ahead of time.

Watching the news tonight I liked the reports and interviews with cops saying they thought they would need 3 and only had 2 and the 2 people were still too much, but maybe in a week they could catch more.

That told me, people weren't being as bad as expected and that was a good thing. It sounds like the officers wasted their time, but they were seemingly surprised so....good on people in that area at least.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 6th, 2017, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 6th, 2017, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 6th, 2017, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Sheesh!

As the OP for this thread, I didn't think any follow up posts for a friendly reminder would be necessary, let alone 2 pages of insults, bickering and debating the merits of PSA's.

Half the time I wonder why I even bother with the castanet forums :135:

I love my community and area where I live which is why I like to be up to date with news concerning it, but I rarely feel a sense of community here, and I participate in quite a few other forums online.
It's too bad.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

This site's users will argue about anything & everything, it's :cuss: ing hilarious. [icon_lol2.gif]

My personal fave is being stuck behind someone thru Joe Rich (100 zone) who is doing 80, and when they get to the school zone in Black Mountain, keep doing 80 (60 zone). [icon_lol2.gif] Total obliviousness, right there. And that's why this thread won't help one iota. Unless you just like to bicker online like a buncha old farts, anyway. :up:
Your bias suits you.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

johnny24 wrote:
MAPearce wrote: I couldn't care about that ... Why should idiot drivers get advanced warning about targeted enforcement anyway ?? People should know better .

You really think this? You want to put kid's safety at risk to try to catch a couple of speeders? You're quite the piece of work.

I really do .... People should know better.

Traffic enforcement should be dedicated to any and all types of dangerous driving behaviors EVERYWHERE , EVERY DAY .... Not just school zones or the cherry picking they do from the "Enterprise crawl" . You see , speeders speed EVERYWHERE . Device users use them EVERYWHERE . Not just school zones.

Stopping those types before they get to schools zones saves lives too ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I keep an eye out for pedestrians including children every time I take the car out. Just makes sense.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”