Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Post by flamingfingers »

mike whatever wrote:

Repeated by you many times, perhaps a better way to describe it would be " The NDPG ignored anything that might have delayed Mr Horgan from visiting Government House. Why bother with the business of government when it doesn't serve your purpose "

Are you implying that the Lt Gov Guichon was co-empted??

Outrageous!!!
Chill
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

flamingfingers wrote:^^How many times do I have to repeat the fact that those Bills were NEVER accepted for First Reading!! Thus, there was NEVER any vote with regard to content.

The NDP and Greens refused to discuss ANY bills/business put forth by the Liberals. Thus the Confidence vote. The Liberals lost. Live with it...
You may demonstrate your failure to understand the proceedings as often as you desire.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

flamingfingers wrote:^^How many times do I have to repeat the fact that those Bills were NEVER accepted for First Reading!! Thus, there was NEVER any vote with regard to content.

The NDP and Greens refused to discuss ANY bills/business put forth by the Liberals. Thus the Confidence vote. The Liberals lost. Live with it...

Of course there was no vote with regard to content. That would have been the right thing to do. Instead, the NDP and Green non-coalition may as well have put their hands over their ears and said la-la-la-la-la.

And of course they did vote. Voting against reading the bills was, for all practical intents and purposes, a vote against their content. Their vote killed the bills.

Now, do let's get :topic: . I'm quite interested to hear your rational explanation for the NDP's lack of willingness to share their ideas of how to fix the problem they identified during their campaign: portables in Surrey.

And your rational explanation for their refusal to respond to questions they've been asked. Is this NDP arrogance? Or ignorance? Are the people of Surrey simply too low a priority for this government?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^
rustled>

Check your Hansard record of proceedings.
Chill
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

We did. Division on motion to first reading. greeNDP voted nay (means no)
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

flamingfingers wrote:^^
rustled>

Check your Hansard record of proceedings.

I've seen the vote you refuse to acknowledge as a vote in Hansard.

Oh, do the NDP share their plan for portables there? Or their explanation of why they can't talk about their plan for portables? Or their reason for not returning calls about portables?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

What are you TALKING about???
Chill
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

flamingfingers wrote:

What are you TALKING about???

Horgan's lack of a plan for the portables in Surrey, and his unwillingness to talk about his lack of a plan. What are you talking about?
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

He is talking about Christy. Me thinks he has a crush. Can't stop talking about the woman that ran the entire province by herself. Only her, amazing.

So ff
Getting rid of tolls and putting the debt into the provincial debt was a promise he kept. His ally was not impressed at all. One nail in the coffin.
Sure did that one fast but the corporate or union donations are still allowed. Interesting.
Most of the other things you state are just blah blah blah. No action just more reviews, promises and even one that the Liberals were going to put in place. Disability rates were to increase by the exact same amount if the Liberals had won one more seat. So nothing new. Just spin spin spin. I'm getting dizzy, not in a good way.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4276406

Premier John Horgan says the Supreme Court of Canada's ruling on class sizes and composition in B.C. is making it difficult for his government to make good on one of its key election promises.

Horgan now says it's unlikely he'll meet those timelines, because the country's highest court ruled class sizes in B.C. must be restored to 2002 levels.

"We had not contemplated when we made the commitment, the Supreme Court ruling throwing out 16 years of B.C. Liberal policy," Horgan said.

"That's going to take us a bit more time."

He says his government is doing everything in its power to get students out of portables and into classrooms as quickly as possible.

"We've struck a committee right here in Surrey with MLAs, government, the city and the school district to make sure we can fast track school construction," he said.

School scramble

Surrey School District communications manager Doug Strachan says the district started hiring teachers and ordering portables immediately after the court ruling came down in November, 2016.

He says the district now has about 325 portables, which is up from about 270 last year.

Not a peep eh?

I can see how the Supreme Court ruling makes things more difficult, but it's still a good thing, and honestly smaller class sizes is a better priority than removing portables. That said I spent the entirety of elementary school in portables, rarely setting foot inside the actual schools. Perhaps we need to build new schools to get kids out of portables and into decent sized classrooms.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:
I can see how the Supreme Court ruling makes things more difficult, but it's still a good thing,.

Just think, if Horgan's good buds Adrian Dix and Glen Clark hadn't made that disgusting back-room deal with the BCTF in 1998, none of these problems would exist.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Premier John Horgan says the Supreme Court of Canada's ruling on class sizes and composition in B.C. is making it difficult for his government to make good on one of its key election promises.

Um..... The ruling was before the election.

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Well, he finally responded to the questions. That's something.

Is anyone surprised by his plan?
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Plan?

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

They have a plan? :135:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “B.C.”