Sunrise party

BC Dave

Sunrise party

Post by BC Dave »

Just curious to know whether the Sunrise party up Carmi actually happened last night or whether the police stopped it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Sunrise party

Post by GordonH »

^^^ name change needed
smokerise party
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

nothing is on fire up there

back to your lives now
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

gman313 wrote:nothing is on fire up there

back to your lives now

Since whole southern part of this Province from the Island to Alberta border & east is covered in smoke. Does not need a fire up there
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Sounds like they had the party - the students took responsibility and some were actually pro-active enough to remind others of the rules

Sounds like an excellent group of youth and I would hire every one of them in my business. The world is not doomed and y'all armchair quarterback can *bleep*
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

gman313 wrote:Sounds like they had the party - the students took responsibility and some were actually pro-active enough to remind others of the rules

Sounds like an excellent group of youth and I would hire every one of them in my business. The world is not doomed and y'all armchair quarterback can *bleep*

Ditto that. Great job by those involved with organizing to ensure a safe and fun time was had by all. I would hope rather than just a "phew - we were lucky" from residents concerned with the outcome expressing their views in the media Earlier Story that a follow up congratulating them on being responsible is also run.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... y-fireless
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

way to go kids :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Penticton
Student bush party fireless
Chantelle Deacon - Sep 6, 2017 / 11:57 am | Story: 205918

Penticton grade 12 students reportedly abided by the campfire ban during their annual “Sunrise Party” on Beaver Dell Road Tuesday night.

Every year, Penticton students entering grade 12 celebrate their first day of their final year of high school by throwing a party. The party typically includes a large bonfire, liquor, cigarettes and for some, drugs. With wildfires raging across the province and Okanagan Valley, that thought had some residents of Upper Carmi stressed.

"The kids probably did have a good time last night, it was just a matter of them not starting fires and we are not aware of any fires that were started by any of the parties," said Cameron Baughen, information officer for the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameem.

With the extreme fire hazard, Penticton RCMP were monitoring the area closely.

"There may have been other things that they were called out for, but they (the Emergency Operations Centre) said that there was no fires, and that the kids understood that was a major no no," Baughen said.

A parent of a local grade 12 student said some students took a positive approach to planning the party.

"A vast majority of them discouraged smoking all together at the site reminding their fellow graduates of the fines and risk of not putting it out safely," Christy Shular said in an email. "There was a large number of kids that went up early to ensure there was no burning material, such as pallets and when they saw them, threw them over the edge to have them out of sight."

"They arranged for safe rides, enjoyed some music by a DJ and a majority of them dispersed around midnight,” she said.

Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent

Return to “South Okanagan”