Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Crickets from NDP and Horgan on portables

Post by rustled »

LordEd wrote:Plan?

Yeah, another lofty promise made with a "we'll strike a committee and figure it out later" plan. Well, I suppose we should be thankful it's not a last minute "oh, wow, man, we seized power and I've no clue what to do here, so let's dump million$$ into doing whatever we think of first" plan.

Guess we get to wait and see what the committee will come up with, but you'd think after all that blame and shame he'd have had a plan to go with the promise, but no. Promises are cheap and easy. Plans are hard work. It's also hard to man up and return calls to admit you made reckless promises without a plan.

After 16 years of blame and shame and no plan required, it'll be interesting to see if they're capable of doing any of the hard work of governing.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

flamingfingers wrote:
I am rather sick of the ChristyLiberal supporters' sour grapes.

after 16 years of listening to the NDP sour grapes, payback has just begun. And unfortunately for you, the NDP always provides lots to be sour about. (It's because they are so dumb and can't govern, in case you were wondering).
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Horgan has a plan alright.

He's golfing with his union construction buddies and talking about it right now. And the money they are handing him as he reveals his plan is just fine, because, well, those ARE the current rules, ya know.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

flamingfingers wrote:I am rather sick of the ChristyLiberal supporters' sour grapes.

Yeah well I guess we all have our crosses to bear, given that I'm rather sick of NDP supporter blatant hypocrisy!
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#210250

Looks like the government has not struck a committee to study the need for more classroom space in Surrey yet.
They can't possibly have run out of unqualified candidates yet.
Better get on it Mr Horgan and Mr Fleming !! Remember........you promised !!
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

The solution is to build something.

Once the committee decides there's actually a problem, there will need to be a committee to decide where to build, a committee on building size, several committees to determine if building will harm the environment or infringe on native rights.

And once we're past that, the committee on naming the school, decorating committee, and then the committee to blame construction delays on opponents.

By the time all those committees are done, everyone should have graduated and we'll need a committee to determine if the project should continue.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

LordEd wrote:The solution is to build something.

Once the committee decides there's actually a problem, there will need to be a committee to decide where to build, a committee on building size, several committees to determine if building will harm the environment or infringe on native rights.

And once we're past that, the committee on naming the school, decorating committee, and then the committee to blame construction delays on opponents.

By the time all those committees are done, everyone should have graduated and we'll need a committee to determine if the project should continue.

It's as if you own a copy of the NDP membership handbook. :smt045
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Crickets? Hardly. Perhaps the NDP bashers should watch the TV news once in awhile. And when it comes to a lack of funding for schools, whatever happened to that huge 'surplus' the BC Liberals supposedly left in the kitty? It was never there, and we're finally learning the truth about that.

More to come.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Cactusflower wrote:Crickets? Hardly. Perhaps the NDP bashers should watch the TV news once in awhile. And when it comes to a lack of funding for schools, whatever happened to that huge 'surplus' the BC Liberals supposedly left in the kitty? It was never there, and we're finally learning the truth about that.

More to come.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/brit ... -1.4257651
Audited 2.7B surplus reported by NDP government in August.

Are you saying they were lying?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

LordEd wrote:Audited 2.7B surplus reported by NDP government in August.

And as Carol James mentioned, all of it went towards the debt the government carries as required by Law. A good thing so if there was a another government after a surplus like this, the temptation to spend would be too tempting.
Lowering the government debt from what I understand will lower the interest payments giving a province a LITTLE spending money.
In future, I suspect if BC's economy keeps rolling, big if with NDP in power, there very well could be another surplus if there is not a big increase in government spending. No surplus to pay down the government debt then I'm guessing the interest payments keep piling up.... Wrong way to make things better. You listening JT ?
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

seewood wrote:
LordEd wrote:Audited 2.7B surplus reported by NDP government in August.

And as Carol James mentioned, all of it went towards the debt the government carries as required by Law. A good thing so if there was a another government after a surplus like this, the temptation to spend would be too tempting.
Lowering the government debt from what I understand will lower the interest payments giving a province a LITTLE spending money.
In future, I suspect if BC's economy keeps rolling, big if with NDP in power, there very well could be another surplus if there is not a big increase in government spending. No surplus to pay down the government debt then I'm guessing the interest payments keep piling up.... Wrong way to make things better. You listening JT ?

It wasn't really a 'surplus' then, was it?
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Cactusflower wrote:It wasn't really a 'surplus' then, was it?

Lord knows what the NDPG will call it IF they come in with a surplus !
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

mikest2 wrote:

Lord knows what the NDPG will call it IF they come in with a surplus !

First things first they need to figure out the definition of subsidy, then maybe it might be time for them to look into surplus.

Baby steps!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

flamingfingers wrote:Oh My God!!!

It has been full 33 days since the new government has been sworn in and they haven't fixed every single thing that took the BC Liberals 16 years to screw up????!!!!!!

I see it more as it's taken the Liberal's 16 years to clean up the mess the last NDP Government left us :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

First you say the surplus was faked, then you try to redefine the word surplus when the evidence doesn't go your way?

Return to “B.C.”