B.C. economy must brace for a seismic shift from NDP

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: B.C. economy must brace for a seismic shift from NDP

Post by flamingfingers »

OT wrote:

Yeah that's the same BS Trump has been trying to sell gullible Americans, while he busily scurries around ensuring the pockets of his elite billionaire buddies continue to get lined by same gullible stupid Americans.

Our NDP and Trump have a lot in common.

OT - you are confused. It was the BC Liberals who ensured they scurried around to ensure the pockets of their elite million and billionaire buddies and DONORS continued to get their pockets lined by the same gullible and stupid BC Liberal supporters.
Chill
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Enough with the sour grapes. The NDP hasn't been in power long enough for anyone to see what they'll do, economy-wise

No, but they've been in power before

The BC Liberals had never been in power before their last horrendous reign of terror, and they will likely never be in power again........at least not under that name. The BC Conservative Party is also without a leader, so we can expect whoever wins the prize at the BC Liberal leadership convention to emerge victorious under the banner of the BC Conservatives.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

^^ Now that the definition of delusional has been aptly demonstrated for us ............... [icon_lol2.gif]

"Horrendous Reign of Terror"........... yeah that's the 90's NDP described spot on.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
The BC Liberals had never been in power before their last horrendous reign of terror, .

usually a "reign of terror" in most peoples' mind doesn't coincide with having one of the lowest unemployment and highest growth periods in Canada. A lot of people describe the NDP period in the 1990's as a reign of terror, because those bumbling bozos destroyed a lot of the economy, hired thousands of needless employees, did a disgusting backroom deal with the BCTF that is still costing taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars, and in general were just terrible, which is why they were punted 77-2. The Liberals didn't experience this kind of punting, wonder why that is. They actually had more seats and more votes than the NDP do-dos in the last election. So after all of that, the only reason I could see calling the BC Liberals 16 years a "reign of terror" would be purely for partisan reasons, and to mislead. And that is truly awful.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 7th, 2017, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*

I repeat, the only seismic shift you're going to see is a shift from a corporate-run government to a government of the people, for the people, and by the people.
Last edited by ferri on Sep 7th, 2017, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Cactusflower wrote:I repeat, the only seismic shift you're going to see is a shift from a corporate-run government to a government of the people, for the people, and by the people

Kind of like Venezuela? And how's that been going...?
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 7th, 2017, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

What the ^&*()@#$%^&! I thought the world was going to end. Nobody expected this to happen. We were supposed to be going to hell in a handbasket! It's gotta be fake news!

https://www.castanet.net/news/Business/ ... ast-for-BC
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 7th, 2017, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^No kidding........I guess the sky isn't falling after all, eh?
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Cactusflower wrote:^^No kidding........I guess the sky isn't falling after all, eh?

Yet. Just wait until the first sitting and they implement their well thought out and costed policies. :200:
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

bob vernon wrote:What the ^&*()@#$%^&! I thought the world was going to end. Nobody expected this to happen. We were supposed to be going to hell in a handbasket! It's gotta be fake news!

https://www.castanet.net/news/Business/ ... ast-for-BC

Yes, this is good news from the association whose purpose is to bolster credit unions.

I'll be watching the various business sections for their careful analysis of this opinion piece, and for their own assessments of BC's fiscal health and outlook.

I expect with the upcoming budget already following the lines laid out by the previous government, we have some breathing room. Perhaps by the second sitting, James and Weaver will have made some headway with Horgan and his unruly pack. And there's hope the BCUC will work for the benefit of all British Columbians. Where there's life, there's hope.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

"The upcoming budget already following the lines laid out by the previous government....." There's no way any government would 'follow' a fake budget. The NDP is about to prove that, DESPITE the BC Liberal budget, they will somehow be able to show British Columbians that all is not lost; that there's a way out of the quagmire in which the previous government left us.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:"The upcoming budget already following the lines laid out by the previous government....." There's no way any government would 'follow' a fake budget. The NDP is about to prove that, DESPITE the BC Liberal budget, they will somehow be able to show British Columbians that all is not lost; that there's a way out of the quagmire in which the previous government left us.

Link? LOL. Just kidding. I know, I know. You don't "do" links. So I'll just have to take your statement the same way I've taken all your statements.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “B.C.”