Are AIR FORCE GENERALS just as STUPID as NAVY ADMIRALS??

westbankkid
Übergod

Are AIR FORCE GENERALS just as STUPID as NAVY ADMIRALS??

Post by westbankkid »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#205940

Looks like retired Military brass are just as STUPID as the non retired. Why would Canada buy Australia's JUNK and get stuck with LEMONS like we did with the UK SUBMARINES.

Buy the BOEING Hornets and be done with it. Far Superior and cheaper than the overpriced F35's.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Are AIR FORCE GENERALS just as STUPID as NAVY ADMIRALS??

Post by Dizzy1 »

westbankkid wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-205940-4-.htm#205940

Looks like retired Military brass are just as STUPID as the non retired. Why would Canada buy Australia's JUNK and get stuck with LEMONS like we did with the UK SUBMARINES.

Buy the BOEING Hornets and be done with it. Far Superior and cheaper than the overpriced F35's.

I would think that they have a hell of a lot more knowledge and experience in this field then you or me. So please, what evidence do you have to justify as the RAAF's F18s as "junk"? Also, what makes the Hornet far superior then the F35?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

westbankkid wrote:Looks like retired Military brass are just as STUPID as the non retired. Why would Canada buy Australia's JUNK and get stuck with LEMONS like we did with the UK SUBMARINES.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why multi-billion dollar defence procurement decisions aren't left to random anonymous arm-chair experts on the interwebz.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Problem I have seen so far is I have not seen a definitive "job description" as to what the military want the fighters to do. Define that and get a jet to do that job. Seems the suits want a jet to do everything expected at a cheap price point. No can-do me thinks.

I'd believe the Aussie's F-18's would not be junk for the most part. Pretty capable lot. I read somewhere the airframe was rated at 6-8000 hours and can be extended beyond that with re-builds.
If Canada can get some low hour F-18's from Australia at a great price, why not?
Your right the Sub purchase is an absolute boon-doggle and a total waste of taxpayer dollars. Should have bought the German diesel electrics.

For replacing Canada's F-18's my choice is the Euro fighter.

Now to get out of my armchair and get back to work :biggrin:
Last edited by seewood on Sep 7th, 2017, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I say Canada goes completely different way and buys Russian SU-35 fighters. Only $40M for this sexiness:

westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Even Steven wrote:I say Canada goes completely different way and buys Russian SU-35 fighters. Only $40M for this sexiness:

Might not be a bad idea. Looks pretty damn good in performance as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA9PzwxMxB0. It would sure *bleep* Trump off

Return to “Canada”