maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Weaver wants inquiry into bridge costs

Post by maryjane48 »

Veovis
Guru

Re: Weaver wants inquiry into bridge costs

Post by Veovis »

Gotta keep digging and slinging mud when you know the horse you tied to is a dud.....keep that election gear going......or they could actually try to govern at some point.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Veovis wrote:Gotta keep digging and slinging mud when you know the horse you tied to is a dud.....keep that election gear going......or they could actually try to govern at some point.

right. where did all the money go . now we know thatcthe clark apoligists dont care about corruption but im willing to bet that the rest of bc does. we know that *removed* some are starting to worry what might get uncovered .
Last edited by ferri on Sep 7th, 2017, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

This is what happens when you have a governing party that has no platform to stand on. Keep wasting money on reviews and investigations that lead no where. I pray for the day that they actually sit down and start governing and show us something tangible how to make the people of this Province be in better place.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Dizzy1 wrote:This is what happens when you have a governing party that has no platform to stand on. Keep wasting money on reviews and investigations that lead no where. I pray for the day that they actually sit down and start governing and show us something tangible how to make the people of this Province be in better place.

Careful what you wish for my friend. Careful :130:
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

since my last post on this was ignorred we will try again. where did the extra money go because the contractor says they never got it. 300 million just go poof ? or into clarks bank account ? hmmmm
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

This is just the beginning of the public inquiries into the BC Liberal corruption that will fill the news for the coming months. Perhaps even the Province, the Sun, Global, and Castanet will be forced to publish some of it.

A lot of folks, especially the miserly right-wingers on these threads, are opposed to our public broadcaster and want CBC cut off from public funding, even shut down completely. Why? Because CBC cannot be manipulated like other privately funded news outlets. I think CBC is worth its weight in gold, and I'm happy to contribute some of my tax dollars to it. Time and time again, CBC has investigated government and corporate fraud and other nefarious misdeeds. They are sometimes our only hope of keeping these corrupted institutions in check.

The Port Mann Bridge was actually $572 million over the original price of $2.39 Billion. If that wasn't bad enough, the BC Liberals only released documents requested by the CBC two weeks after the May election, seven months after the documents were requested. The Port Mann debt is projected to hit $4.2 Billion this fiscal year, and is losing $100 million a year.

The CBC have done a great job of investigating this boondoggle, and Andrew Weaver has requested a public inquiry. What I would like to see is a lawsuit filed against the BC Liberal Party by the taxpayers of B.C. They have millions sitting in their war chest just waiting to start another hard-hitting election campaign that their supporters will swallow like Quail's Gate wine.

Go get 'em, Weaver and Horgan tag-team!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:This is just the beginning of the public inquiries into the BC Liberal corruption that will fill the news for the coming months.

and when nothing is found, I assume that you are going to apologize for all of this fear-mongering?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Hmmm let's see.

They wanted the project expedited. That means more employees, overtime, extra equipment sources and brought in. Wow, that's a tough one to figure out.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Dizzy1 wrote:Hmmm let's see.

They wanted the project expedited. That means more employees, overtime, extra equipment sources and brought in. Wow, that's a tough one to figure out.

For some it obviously is just to difficult for them to comprehend, but that's what happens when you buy into the NDP, you forget basic math.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Why are BC Lib faithful so against reviews of projects that the BC Liberals carried out?

Are they really afraid that evidence of corruption on the part of their beloved party may be uncovered?
Chill
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Cactusflower wrote:
The Port Mann debt is projected to hit $4.2 Billion this fiscal year, and is losing $100 million a year.

Go get 'em, Weaver and Horgan tag-team!

Good thing Comrade Horgan removed the tolls, that will help immensely with the annual losses...............good math
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote: What I would like to see is a lawsuit filed against the BC Liberal Party by the taxpayers of B.C.

I think this is a fantastic idea. And once the precedent is set that the taxpayers can go after political parties, the taxpayers of BC can sue the BC NDP and Adrian Dix and Glen Clark personally for the back-room deal they did in 1998 that screwed over BC taxpayers for hundreds of millions of dollars. I would also like to see the BC NDP sued for human rights violations for their disgusting sexist and racist nomination policies. Let's sue the pants off the BC Liberals and BC NDP! Both of these parties should be put in the dustbin of history! Both are horribly corrupt and don't deserve to govern!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

My, my......methinks Mr Weaver has touched a raw nerve or two, or three or more. This always happens when the BC Liberals get caught with their hands in the cookie jar. All of a sudden the fan club comes out in full force to try to defend the indefensible. It's really quite amusing to those who witness it on a regular basis.

I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the Weaver/Horgan tag-team match with whoever the BCLP puts in the ring this time.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol sure you do . i would like to see everyone that voted bclib put in jail for being part of a criminal organisation :130:

Return to “B.C.”