Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Post by Gixxer »

dontrump wrote:The only logical solution(lite) and put on the back burner for 5 years and then spend millions on useless non proven studies all to come up with a useless one way 20 million dollar street;; yes sir your dollars at work;; LOL what a mess :130:

Fantastic. If it prevents another traffic light on the highway Im for it.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Gixxer wrote:
dontrump wrote:The only logical solution(lite) and put on the back burner for 5 years and then spend millions on useless non proven studies all to come up with a useless one way 20 million dollar street;; yes sir your dollars at work;; LOL what a mess :130:

Fantastic. If it prevents another traffic light on the highway Im for it.

In Lake Country there is another similar area (Hwy 97 & Lodge Rd). I can never understand why people chance a accident turning left there during the rush when they, for the cost of a couple of seconds, can go to the lights on Berry Rd.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Rider59 wrote:
In Lake Country there is another similar area (Hwy 97 & Lodge Rd). I can never understand why people chance a accident turning left there during the rush when they, for the cost of a couple of seconds, can go to the lights on Berry Rd.

!00%. Gold Star.

Perfect example,

"deleted by poster"

A crap shoot involves risk...What is the reward ?
Last edited by ferri on Sep 8th, 2017, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Another one in turning left from Old Vernon Road towards Kelowna onto the highway. That to me is just as dangerous as stickle road. Especially when you can just drive along the airport road and turn left at the lights at the airport.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

jasond_71 wrote:Another one in turning left from Old Vernon Road towards Kelowna onto the highway. That to me is just as dangerous as stickle road. Especially when you can just drive along the airport road and turn left at the lights at the airport.

you cant get to old Vernon road when u turn left at the airport lites that Iam aware of ? and turning left at the actual old Vernon road is no big deal
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

jasond_71 wrote:Another one in turning left from Old Vernon Road towards Kelowna onto the highway. That to me is just as dangerous as stickle road. Especially when you can just drive along the airport road and turn left at the lights at the airport.

dontrump wrote:you cant get to old Vernon road when u turn left at the airport lites that Iam aware of ? and turning left at the actual old Vernon road is no big deal

Here you go dontrump https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.9705663, ... 312!8i6656
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

dontrump wrote:

you cant get to old Vernon road when u turn left at the airport lites that Iam aware of ? and turning left at the actual old Vernon road is no big deal

This is another example of what people in the real world deal with !

No concept, no idea

What Jason_71 stated was perfectly clear to those with reading
comprehension.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

GordonH wrote:

dontrump wrote:you cant get to old Vernon road when u turn left at the airport lites that Iam aware of ? and turning left at the actual old Vernon road is no big deal

Here you go dontrump https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.9705663, ... 312!8i6656

thanks for the update; I never knew the airport turn off had a secondary road that went all the way back to the old vernon road;; as far as Hy 97 left turn to Old Vernon road I have taken it many times and in no way is any where near as dangerous as Stickle Not even close
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

dontrump wrote:thanks for the update; I never knew the airport turn off had a secondary road that went all the way back to the old vernon road;; as far as Hy 97 left turn to Old Vernon road I have taken it many times and in no way is any where near as dangerous as Stickle Not even close

Both already have safe alternatives:
Stickle Rd safe & easy alternative, is to take PV Rd to Butcher Boys & hang a right.
Old Vernon Rd safe & easy alternative, is to take Airport Way to YLW entrance & use the light on hwy 97.
What real problem is drivers are just to damn lazy or stupid to use common sense.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

When U go to stickle road its rather apparent of the danger there on busy traffic hours;; the left turn at old Vernon road is 100% entirely different;; the chance of a accident at OVR verses stickle are about 100-1
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

^^^ I have witnessed the aftermath of many a catastrophic wreck at Old Vernon and 97
in the last couple years. Lodge also, and many a stupid close call. Stickle, only a couple.
I travel past all of them, several times 5 days a week.

I have no stats, and no desire to look them up, but I'll
hazard an educated guess that your guess is well off the mark, and likely
leans closer to the other way around.

If one is not part of the solution, one is part
of the problem.

Simple solution; drive a couple blocks to an intersection that is safer to use.

It usually takes no longer, and you don't have to die trying.

And the last thing I would ever want is lights at these places, just right turn only restrictions.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

traffic lite at stickle 5 years ago and enhanced lanes @ Reasonable price =efficient;; effective and safe
now we are 4-5 years later;; millions wasted and now some BS one way street system at around 20 million LOL MOT are idiots
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

I have witnessed the aftermath of many a catastrophic wreck at Old Vernon and 97
in the last couple years.

I seriously doubt you actually have ;; if it was so there would be either no left turns there or a change in the turn systems I have never heard or seen a accident there not saying there is "none" just doubt the "" many a catastrophic wreck "" u claim
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

dontrump wrote:
I seriously doubt you actually have ;; if it was so there would be either no left turns there or a change in the turn systems I have never heard or seen a accident there not saying there is "none" just doubt the "" many a catastrophic wreck "" u claim

I stand by my post,
The speeds are a fair bit higher, and the wrecks more often at OVR. than Stickle.
= my usage of "many a catastrophic"
I travel the corridor from the South to the North Okanagan
three to four times daily for my occupation. 25+ yrs in this Region

I know traffic and it's patterns far better than someone with an office job.

But as I've also learned, there seems to be no room for logic, critical thought or
common sense in a discussion such as this.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

But as I've also learned, there seems to be no room for logic, critical thought or
common sense in a discussion such as this.

so say you; just because you think your way does not automatically make it logical or common sense in others opinions
such as U view the OVR intersection and one and the same as stickle road and I view them as two entirely different situations
therefore in your way of reasoning iam wrong and your right case closed??

Return to “North Okanagan”