Duck Lake Accident

damama55
Übergod

Duck Lake Accident

Post by damama55 »

Officers could set up shop there all the time and catch numerous speeders along that stretch. Thank God for the dividers there and thank God no one was seriously hurt from the accident yesterday. Wonder if insurance will cover the Lexus that ended up in the lake. Take care and drive safely out there.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Duck Lake Accident

Post by Bsuds »

From the info provided about how it happened it sounds like Karma was involved.
As long as the driver had collision coverage of course he/she will be covered. That's what it's for, when you are at fault.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Neither God nor Karma are at play. Only human stupidity. Glad nobody was killed. Damama is right, the concrete barrier there has saved lives and will continue to do so, even if it didn't in this case.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Thank God, no lives were lost in this case, as far as the story goes now. IF it is proven the Lexus was going too fast, I hope the driver gets every available ticket at officer's disposal. PLUS the cost of repairing the vehicle, drying it out, MAYBE the cost of repairing the Pontiac. We can always hope that will be the case, can't we??
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

Im not saying its the Pontiac's fault but.... these *bleep* who sit in the fast lane for absolutely no reason should be fined heavily
Last edited by dirtguy on Sep 8th, 2017, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

sounds to me like the guy in the lexus should lose his license for driving like an *bleep*
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Post by kumazatheef »

dirtguy wrote:Im not saying its the Honda's fault but.... these *bleep* who sit in the fast lane for absolutely no reason should be fined heavily

Honda?? :135:
That a new model of Pontiac or Lexus?

The Pontiac moved into the right lane to let the vehicle pass, but, the Lexus apparently moved over at the same time, and tried to pass along the shoulder.

Reading same news story?

I've seen it happen where Car A is correctly passing in left lane just as Car B is zooming up in left lane ... as Car A goes to get back to right lane, Car B's impatience shows they're trying to pass on the right, thus get the "both changing lane at same time".
I mean, crikey, the fact that the Lexus tried to pass along the shoulder is confusing ... as opposed to, y'know, hitting the brakes or go back to left lane ... shrug
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

people like that never learn, lets hope he or she kills himself next time not someone else
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

kumazatheef wrote:......

I've seen it happen where Car A is correctly passing in left lane just as Car B is zooming up in left lane ... as Car A goes to get back to right lane, Car B's impatience shows they're trying to pass on the right, thus get the "both changing lane at same time".
I mean, crikey, the fact that the Lexus tried to pass along the shoulder is confusing ... as opposed to, y'know, hitting the brakes or go back to left lane ... shrug

I always signal right after I pass the car on the right to let the next driver behind know that I am changing lanes and getting out of his/hers way ASAP.

Problem is that some drivers need a mile gap to pull over into the slow lane.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Biggest issue is the number of entitled jerks who attempt to pass on the right if they've determined you aren't moving back into the right hand lane quick enough to suit them.

My observations indicate that way too many need to brush up on their reading comprehension, in that as long as you are in the passing lane, and actually passing traffic, you have every right to be there, despite the fact that many of them feel you are obliged to get the heck out of their way as they wish to go faster than you. Asinine to say the least particularly if you're already closely following the vehicle ahead of you and there is nowhere for the putz behind to go anyway.

As far as this accident goes, is it really still an accident when the twit was trying to pass on the right?
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Maybe a follow-up on the story and we will know what kind of charges the driver is facing?? MIGHT be a deterrent to other drivers?? MAYBE??
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

damama55 wrote:Maybe a follow-up on the story and we will know what kind of charges the driver is facing?? MIGHT be a deterrent to other drivers?? MAYBE??

Or MAYBE you can move on and attend to matters that are more important to your life?
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Well, if such an incident happens to you, or one of your loved ones, I am sure you would appreciate knowing the idiot driver could be facing tickets, fines, and whatever else. Hopefully, you will not lose your life to such a careless driver. Just my opinion, of course.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

When overtaking a vehicle and I am preparing to return to the granny lane always do the shoulder check as well as checking rear view and right side mirror to change lanes safely. If I happen to see a fast approaching impatient jackass I purposely slow down in the hammer lane and take my sweet time to move over maintaining just enough distance to prevent jackass from passing me on the right. Dont care if yer late. Leave earlier next time. If your gonna ride my a$$ at least pull my hair.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.

Return to “Central Okanagan”