First Nations look to NDP to reset relations

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: First Nations look to NDP to reset relations

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote: because it was your side doing the genocide :smt045

That's not entirely true. Weren't native tribes wiping each other out long before any Europeans ever arrived here? I am totally sympathetic to the First Nations, but I also think you do them a giant disservice by constantly playing this victim card, and also by spouting lies and revisionist history. All you are doing is dividing rather than bringing people together.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Weren't native tribes wiping each other out long before any Europeans ever arrived here?

Historical fact....and inconvenient truth GB. There were several instances of FN using Europeans and their advanced technology to help wipe out and enslave rival nations.
Happened all over the world and throughout human history. That's why we shouldn't be trying to make contact with advanced extraterrestrial beings.....it never goes well for the less advanced society. :up:
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Cactusflower wrote:Thanks for the history lesson on the BC First Nations treaties, HG, but that wasn't what I was looking for. Those open pen Atlantic salmon farms are a detriment to our whole coast, not just the First Nations territories. I don't think I'm wrong in expecting them to go to bat for us as well. They and Alex Morton have been working together to try to get those filthy pens out of coastal waters for years, and anything they discuss with Horgan's group will be beneficial to all British Columbians who care about saving our wild Pacific salmon...........I hope.

Alex morton has been fighting this battle for years, a few years back the government went as far as not allowing scientists to share their information with the public about how damaging salmon farms are, that alone should scare the average person.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Well, that rally out there this weekend should make Horgan take notice of the seriousness of this fight. And yes, I remember the Harper years and the muzzling of scientists. I also remember the Cohen Commission's report. All of these things will be addressed, I'm sure. That Sooke woman's opening prayer is a good indication that the NDP is serious about working together with First Nations. First Nations concerns are environmentalists concerns as well. I'm feeling more optimistic about the future of our province than I have been for many years.

Return to “B.C.”