39%
with 50 lashes
13%

Total votes: 87

mexi cali
Guru

Re: Start jailing smokers who toss their butt out the car wi

Post by mexi cali »

The other day, I'm on Dilworth coming up toward Cross and Valley and there is a field on the left that looked like it had just had a crop removed.

The hay/straw or whatever it was, was cropped close to the ground and was tinder dry and there were vehicles parked in this open area belonging I assume to the folks who were working it. One was just pulling on to it as I passed.

Seemed kinda dumb too me though given the talk about how catalytic converters and such can cause fires.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

Even one human caused fire is unacceptable and the book should be thrown at these people. Not a warning, not a small fine with the threat of a big one "next time" straight up jail time and a massive fine. Something that hits them hard and makes them struggle for a few months to make ends meet. If they can even do that. One human caused fire that results in people losing their homes is completely unacceptable and more needs to be done then the slaps on the wrists these people get.
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Just saw on the news that an IDIOT threw a cig butt out his window while waiting for an accident to be cleared up. A guy from Alberta, a volunteer firefighter, got out of HIS vehicle, grabbed the butt and threw it back in the nice blue truck of the offender.
THEN the passenger got upset and mouthed off. GOOD FOR THE GUY FROM ALBERTA. KUDOS TO YOU, SIR!!!
As for the idiots in the blue truck?? TOTAL IDIOTS AND MORONS. Too many fires caused by humans and most of them by doing what you did.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

damama55 wrote:Just saw on the news that an IDIOT threw a cig butt out his window while waiting for an accident to be cleared up. A guy from Alberta, a volunteer firefighter, got out of HIS vehicle, grabbed the butt and threw it back in the nice blue truck of the offender.
THEN the passenger got upset and mouthed off. GOOD FOR THE GUY FROM ALBERTA. KUDOS TO YOU, SIR!!!
As for the idiots in the blue truck?? TOTAL IDIOTS AND MORONS. Too many fires caused by humans and most of them by doing what you did.

There is more than one idiot in your story!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

damama55 wrote:Just saw on the news that an IDIOT threw a cig butt out his window while waiting for an accident to be cleared up. A guy from Alberta, a volunteer firefighter, got out of HIS vehicle, grabbed the butt and threw it back in the nice blue truck of the offender.

So potentially damaging property by fire to make a point to someone who is potentially damaging property by fire makes sense how?

What if the truck caught fire and started a blaze? Sorry, the guy who flicked the butt into someones vehicle is just as much of an idiot as the other guy.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

No, no, noooo! I should have stated the story better. The guy from Alberta pinched it to make sure it was out before he threw it back into the blue truck. Sorry about that. The guy was a volunteer fire fighter from Alberta and he was just frustrated when he saw what the idiot did when the butt was thrown out their window. The butt was out when it was thrown back into the truck.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

damama55 wrote:No, no, noooo! I should have stated the story better. The guy from Alberta pinched it to make sure it was out before he threw it back into the blue truck. Sorry about that. The guy was a volunteer fire fighter from Alberta and he was just frustrated when he saw what the idiot did when the butt was thrown out their window. The butt was out when it was thrown back into the truck.

Took a little editing, but sounds like the perfect hero. Cool story.
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

You can use the media all day long to try to stop the issue. You can say the usual, "you can be fined any where from $575 to 10,000". It has no effect. These people have been tossing 20 plus butt's out onto the ground every day, every year for decades.
They are not going to stop. Same way we handle every thing in the country, tenderly, warning and talking nice.
The only way it will slow is to enforce, charge, and show the people you mean business.
Up the fines, drastically up the enforcement.
If we can find man power for "photo radar", because it easily paid for it, then do the same with this.
It will take years to re-teach people, sad part is we are not capable.
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

Maybe some smokers in here can answer this but I've never understood why some smokers feel their burned out cigarette butts are some how magically not considered the same as other litter? Throwing your butt on the ground or out your car window any time of year is no different than littering any kind of trash. Yet some smokers feel their butts are okay. Bizarre!
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

BigBearBruno wrote:Maybe some smokers in here can answer this but I've never understood why some smokers feel their burned out cigarette butts are some how magically not considered the same as other litter? Throwing your butt on the ground or out your car window any time of year is no different than littering any kind of trash. Yet some smokers feel their butts are okay. Bizarre!

I too would like to know why smokers treat the world like an ashtray. A couple of times a year I have to pick up butts due to the accumulation along the roadside. Even more, I would like to know why eaters treat the wold as their trash can, throwing out their half eaten lunch and wrappers.
Fines for littering of any kind should be in the thousands, so that anything that is thrown out is treated the same way, equitable treatment across the board. Imagine if you will the cigarette that lands on the greasy wrappings at the roadside.
Waste not
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

BigBearBruno wrote:Maybe some smokers in here can answer this but I've never understood why some smokers feel their burned out cigarette butts are some how magically not considered the same as other litter? Throwing your butt on the ground or out your car window any time of year is no different than littering any kind of trash. Yet some smokers feel their butts are okay. Bizarre!

My late dad was a smoker and did this. He just never saw it as an issue. But so strong on other matters, like littering.
Its teaching's and the way we are programmed in this country. We have always been way to relaxed on this issue and after all this time its the way it is. No enforcement, no teachings, no issue's. The cause of every negative issue in society isnt it?
As soon as you cross the border, you do not see the campground out house's destroyed, Picnic tables carved up and burnt.
Gun shells on every FSR. Its all because of our lack of control. It will take generations to fix this, but we are too tolerant and relaxed in this country to deal with issue's. Maybe butt droppers are "victims" some how.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Send antifa after them.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

zoo wrote: It will take generations to fix this

Saw Alien: Covenant the other night and no sooner had they set foot on the new planet, an actor lights up a cigarette, has a couple hard drags and flicks the butt into the alien forest still lit.

So hate to break it to you zoo but according to Hollywood, even future generations are a few peas short of a casserole.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

If peeps are jailed for doing stupid stuff while in the car the roads would be vacant and we would need a lot more jails. Just sayin. Flickin butts out the window during fire season is moronic. What really gets my knickers in a knot is the texter and talkers while driving. That is jailable. You know who you are and we have all done it. I now put my phone in the backseat while driving. You may think you are important but yer not . You are an idiot if you keep the phone at arms length while driving. Blue tooth and all the other fancy gadgets that lets you be hands free are also idiotic. Your focus should be 100% driving. No talking texting or putting on eyeliner.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

At this point, reading some dogooder ridiculous wishful thinking posts, I consciously toss my butts out the window, in an non flammable area, just to drive your blood pressure up ;)

Eta- edited 3 times, so grammar Nazis don't come knocking.
Last edited by Opeeved on Sep 8th, 2017, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8

Return to “Central Okanagan”