Embedded quotes

Comments about the discussion board. Site-related comments should be addressed to the applicable department through the Contact Us form.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Embedded quotes

Post by Opeeved »

Not so much a complaint as a suggestion. This whole "can't embed 2 quotes" Is madness.
It forces users to delete a parentheses (or whatever the square bracket is called) so one can continue a multi person line of thought by simply quoting. Yes sure, I could take the time to use copy paste/quote features/ alphabetically and numerically spell the whole thing out.

Have you guys tried that on your phone? im Not doing it. It's easier just to delete a bracket... from a phone.... it screw up quotes.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Embedded quotes

Post by GordonH »

Opened wrote:Not so much a complaint as a suggestion. This whole "can't embed 2 quotes" Is madness.
It forces users to delete a parentheses (or whatever the square bracket is called) so one can continue a multi person line of thought by simply quoting. Yes sure, I could take the time to use copy paste/quote features/ alphabetically and numerically spell the whole thing out.

Have you guys tried that on your phone? im Not doing it. It's easier just to delete a bracket... from a phone.... it screw up quotes.

Once you get the hang of it, its very easy.

Its the art of separating each poster quote.... cut & paste each [quote="GordonH"] to match there actual post

Added: using the preview before posting will help to see if you got it right
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

You did get the part, on a phone?
Laptop/ desk top. No problem.phone? Give it a go to write "code" per se. Multi person thought where my own are displayed on a non land scape screen. Portrait gives me 1 1/4 by 2 inches. Where the keyboard is useful. Yes I know about changing font and screen inallocation size.

My frustration is not at you GH.
It's at the lame app that includes everything, but, forums.

Lazy as far as im concerned. It's 2017 as others have pointed out to me. See the thread there lol
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

In most cases quotes aren't even needed. I find it annoying when a long quote is posted right after the original. How many times do we need to read it. At least shorten it to just the part that is being replied to.

As to your complaint I never use my phone so it is not a concern for me.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Opeeved wrote:You did get the part, on a phone?
Laptop/ desk top. No problem.phone? Give it a go to write "code" per se. Multi person thought where my own are displayed on a non land scape screen. Portrait gives me 1 1/4 by 2 inches. Where the keyboard is useful. Yes I know about changing font and screen inallocation size.

My frustration is not at you GH.
It's at the lame app that includes everything, but, forums.

Lazy as far as im concerned. It's 2017 as others have pointed out to me. See the thread there lol

Hey, I do much of my posting on a 4th generation ipod touch. Of course I don't use the app I use the full site via wifi
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Bsuds wrote:In most cases quotes aren't even needed. I find it annoying when a long quote is posted right after the original. How many times do we need to read it. At least shorten it to just the part that is being replied to.

As to your complaint I never use my phone so it is not a concern for me.
I agree about that. I do think many of us do use phones as our main source of connectivity. Ever since I've been with Android,I haven't touched a "computer" .my last iphone I actually had to purchase a laptop just to sync my files and songs. That phone is just an mp3 player now . At this point I don't bother with that crap anymore. They've made it complicated when its supposed to be easier. It's just f :cuss: ing not.

I got screwed over huge with identity theft from online crap. All of them can screw off. This ics the only online thing I do anymore. It's 2017. Provide an app where I don't have to use "desk top" when they already have an app for that.

Wouldn't have to worry about embedded quotes.

Troy :)))
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Opeeved wrote:Not so much a complaint as a suggestion. This whole "can't embed 2 quotes" Is madness.

It is set that way because there are people that will quote 5 people and then post underneath it all: I agree.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Feedback and Requests”