Costco

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Costco

Post by Bsuds »

rookie314 wrote:Yes they are looking to build an new store with a gas bar. The location is across from the Kelowna Airport in the Pier Mac site. The city of Kelowna is giving them an extremely difficult time in making this happen. I have this on good authority, i.e its not a rumour.

I heard the issues with City Hall have been resolved. Apparently the person at City Hall who was opposing it was actually in a conflict of interest and was called on it and has backed down.

The Costco HO people were in town and in the store and told the staff it's now a go ahead.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

sounds good I know that Costco has started installing infrastructure there about 18 months ago and then seemed at a stand still; I assume by the last post those were the reasons and now its going to be completed
Iam sure theres more to the story because I seriously doubt one lone Kelowna city hall peon could hold up a billion dollar company?
anyone know what this one persons complaint was and how they were in conflict of interest
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Costco already started building in Westbank/ West Kelowna. Old Zellers location. If you drive by you can see the new facade going up already.
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Old Zellers in West Kelowna is a Uhaul not a Costco. https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... new-tenant

This is why I'll believe it when I see it. So many rumours. While it might be true who knows. That's why we have reporters who hopefully check facts.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Shaking my head at the "starting to build" when it's completely finished and has been for quite a while. Goes to show some posters aren't the best source of information and I'll believe it when I see a new Costco building too. Too bad they don't buy the gas station already there and run it themselves.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Its very unlikely COSTCO would move to west Kelowna I seriously do not believe such rumors especially when there doing the multi million dollar expansion north of kelowna
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

If it's going to have a gas bar, I hope they're going to carry diesel, not like the one in Kamloops.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Always Sunny wrote:If it's going to have a gas bar, I hope they're going to carry diesel, not like the one in Kamloops.

Would be nice if only to drop the price at other stations. I'm not driving from the lower Mission to fill my truck. It would cost me more than I would save.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
superbee
Fledgling

Post by superbee »

rookie314 wrote:Yes they are looking to build an new store with a gas bar. The location is across from the Kelowna Airport in the Pier Mac site. The city of Kelowna is giving them an extremely difficult time in making this happen. I have this on good authority, i.e its not a rumour.

The new site was pointed out to me. The present Costco location does not have enough parking, hasn't for years, and no room to expand. Costco also likes to have their own gas bar, and in Kelowna it is a Chevron station on the side of their parking lot.
EvaG

Post by EvaG »

If they do indeed move to the airport, I would probably give up my Costco membership, it's simply too far. I'm guesstimating it would take me to 30-45 minutes to get there, it's simply not worth it. I can imagine the people living in Summerland would also feel the same way. Too bad though, I like Costco.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:Shaking my head at the "starting to build" when it's completely finished and has been for quite a while. Goes to show some posters aren't the best source of information and I'll believe it when I see a new Costco building too. Too bad they don't buy the gas station already there and run it themselves.

I can only imagine how much Chevron would want for that corner lot. If they are even willing to sell it.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

EvaG wrote:If they do indeed move to the airport, I would probably give up my Costco membership, it's simply too far. I'm guesstimating it would take me to 30-45 minutes to get there, it's simply not worth it. I can imagine the people living in Summerland would also feel the same way. Too bad though, I like Costco.

But they'll probably get more members from the North Okanagan - so it'll be a "wash".
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Kamloops would be servicing the North Okanagan I would think.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:Kamloops would be servicing the North Okanagan I would think.

Since Armstrong is now north end of Okanagan, north of that is the Shuswap. Which is closer Kelowna or Kamloops.
Using Enderby, according to google maps Kamloops is 1hr & 33 minutes.... Kelowna is 1hr 14 minutes. So its split, those who have plans in Kamloops will go to that one, those who have plans in Kelowna will come to this. Plans meaning something else they want to do in the area.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

EvaG wrote:If they do indeed move to the airport, I would probably give up my Costco membership, it's simply too far. I'm guesstimating it would take me to 30-45 minutes to get there, it's simply not worth it. I can imagine the people living in Summerland would also feel the same way. Too bad though, I like Costco.

thousands of people from Vernon and Armstrong and lumby travel to Kelowna Costco every month; It does not seem to bother anyone so iam sure a few droped memberships from the south wont bother Costco

Return to “North Okanagan”