Ranchland burns in Alberta...

dle
Lord of the Board

Ranchland burns in Alberta...

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#206335

After having just returned to Kelowna from Saskatchewan a couple of days ago, we drove this stretch of highway and I feel very sad for the ranchers, but also a little stymied at how he managed to go 8 to 10 km without somebody warning him his tires were sparking.

It's straight road as you can see, and although the traffic isn't the way we see traffic out here (looking like everyone is joined at the bumpers!), it is Hwy #1 and there is traffic constantly on it. I find it very hard to understand how the guy behind him, or even someone coming down the opposite lane, couldn't see the sparks and pull him over to let him know. Even someone on the opposite side of the divided highway could have easily rossed the big, slightly dipped grass meridians they have out there and copped a nut to go after him to let him know in pretty short order. Yes, they are driving around 120km/hr but there's lots of traffic - I just feel it would have been hard to miss in 8 to 10 km so I'm a curious cat!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Ranchland burns in Alberta...

Post by Bsuds »

At Hwy speeds it doesn't take long to go 8-10 kms.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

also if it was a tandem axle boat trailer it will tow completely normal with a flat making it much more difficult to notice
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

LTD wrote:also if it was a tandem axle boat trailer it will tow completely normal with a flat making it much more difficult to notice

agreed LTD - but I think only for the driver of the unit. Other traffic would notice it I'm sure - granted they might not know the sparking is causing fires because they would have zipped right by where the fire would start as a small spark in the blink of an eye - someone behind that person might see the fires starting on the roadside but not be able to see the trailer sparking farther ahead so wouldn't identify the cause. I think I'm answering my own question from my original post lol!

Return to “Canada”