Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by dodgerdodge »

kgcayenne wrote:Today's definition:

Sneener = selfishly daft tvahht

Oh, one more thing. If you don't signal when at LEAST exiting a roundabout, you're a butthole.

Actually todays sneeners were a clever bunch as they had a short line up, whereas yesterdays sneeners were left frustrated by a very lengthy line and it was obvious the highway was quicker. [icon_lol2.gif]
Today i was a left lane highway driver, yesterday i was a right lane highway driver. Neither seemed more appropriate than the other. I swore when the other lane passed me and smiled when i passed them. A more enjoyable past time than sitting in a single sneener line up getting death stares from the highway drivers. :biggrin:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the 3 red light runners we saw today, you are all idiots!

2 were riding bikes and one was a little old lady on her scooter who ran the red at Richter and Lakeshore. Not a smart thing to do.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
spooker

Post by spooker »

Bsuds wrote:To the 3 red light runners we saw today, you are all idiots!

2 were riding bikes and one was a little old lady on her scooter who ran the red at Richter and Lakeshore. Not a smart thing to do.

Were they heading south on Lakeshore? Just cruising the bike lane along the top of the T intersection?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The 2 on bikes were on Springfield while the old lady on her scooter was crossing Lakeshore on Richter.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Idiot 1 this morning wearing red plates decides to merge into right lane at bottom of bridge hill right where everyone is trying to merge on so consequently nearly collides with woman in her SUV who was pulling into the lane. As we were cursing the guy with the red plates we realised the woman was yakking on her phone so equally at fault for just not paying full attention. My passenger indicated to her to "get off her phone" and she just looked all sheepish and kind of tried to hide it. She did end the call but then proceeded to drive north in the HOV lane despite the fact she was alone and didn't turn off. Clearly a multitasker when it comes to rule breaking.
Idiot 2 was at Pandosy lights yesterday afternoon in black truck heading to bridge, lights were green and other 2 lanes were freely moving yet he was just sat paying no attention to the fact that he had the green, worse still his passenger clearly didn't notice either and to add to the problem not one vehicle behind honked at him, they all just sat there silently until suddenly he realises what a %$#@ he was.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Interesting story about a guy caught after multiple complaints. Just goes to show what can be done IF people make enough complaints about a dangerous driver. Story is courtesy of CBC news site.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4287274

The point of my interjection here is, if dangerous drivers are reported enough, officers will try to do their best to catch them and maybe save someone's life. We all want safer roads to drive on and get rid of the idiot drivers.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
spooker

Post by spooker »

To the lady in the red sedan driving down a traffic calmed street honking at me ... I'm sorry you either didn't see the sign that says "single file" for cars and bicycles ... or that you didn't understand it's meaning ... just because you wanted to get around the backup on Richter doesn't mean that you need to go cruising down local neighbourhood streets ... plus it was a single yellow line which you could've crossed legally to pass me if you were that impatient

As to your, "You're not going as fast as cars" comment ... at 30kph I stayed ahead of you with plenty of gap for over 2/3rds of the block ... it was just that last little section before the stop sign that allowed you to catch up ... (there are two speed humps in the middle of the block)
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Not pointing any idiot comments at either involved:
Wondering who was driving with undue care and attention... though.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... MW-collide
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Well, by the looks of the pic, it looks like the driver was trying to go North in the Southbound lane?? Hope no one was seriously hurt.

This next note is sent out to some pedestrians that don't want to wait for the crosswalk sign. Wonder if it would work here??

The Dancing Traffic Light Manikin by smart - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB_0vRnkeOk&authuser=0
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To the Taxi speeding through a school zone this morning...yer an idiot!
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Bsuds wrote:To the Taxi speeding through a school zone this morning...yer an idiot!

You should have gotten the plate number and called it in
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

GordonH wrote:Not pointing any idiot comments at either involved:
Wondering who was driving with undue care and attention... though.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... MW-collide

I'll throw a speculation scenario to what I see...

Since I see main impact was on the right front of the rig, but there is soft damage on the left.

This shows the car rolled across the bumper of the rig crossways, hit just ahead of the left rear wheel.
and grazed right up to the front of the BMW
The car must have been turning right off of the Pier Mac side of Airport Way attempting
to head to Kelowna.
Totally misjudged the rigs momentum and speed.
Tried to beat it and failed.

With the volume of traffic the rig was also likely to have vehicles travelling along-side his left.

No where to go !

I'd lay a bet on Ms. BMW not understanding physics and the gravity of bad choices !

My view from one picture !

And.

The knowledge of how bad people drive, especially around rigs, oh, and motorcycles, and bicycles, oh..
and other four wheelers..might as well throw pedestrians in the mix too....

Ah,, there are just lots of poor decisions being made...
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dirtybiker wrote:
Since I see main impact was on the right front of the rig, but there is soft damage on the left.

This shows the car rolled across the bumper of the rig crossways, hit just ahead of the left rear wheel.
and grazed right up to the front of the BMW
The car must have been turning right off of the Pier Mac side of Airport Way attempting
to head to Kelowna.
Totally misjudged the rigs momentum and speed.
Tried to beat it and failed..

Or the rig was going too fast and ran a red light. I have seen that there before.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Actually watched an idiot in a big rig blow a red light at Kal lake road and number 6 hwy the other day . He was heading into Vernon too fast and could not stop for the red light. The cop that was stopped right beside me on Kal Lake road jumped the line fast and was on his butt in a split second as we had the green. Only sad I didn't get to watch and see the fool get nailed.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

dodgerdodge wrote:Idiot 1 this morning wearing red plates decides to merge into right lane at bottom of bridge hill right where everyone is trying to merge on so consequently nearly collides with woman in her SUV who was pulling into the lane. As we were cursing the guy with the red plates we realised the woman was yakking on her phone so equally at fault for just not paying full attention. My passenger indicated to her to "get off her phone" and she just looked all sheepish and kind of tried to hide it. She did end the call but then proceeded to drive north in the HOV lane despite the fact she was alone and didn't turn off. Clearly a multitasker when it comes to rule breaking.
Idiot 2 was at Pandosy lights yesterday afternoon in black truck heading to bridge, lights were green and other 2 lanes were freely moving yet he was just sat paying no attention to the fact that he had the green, worse still his passenger clearly didn't notice either and to add to the problem not one vehicle behind honked at him, they all just sat there silently until suddenly he realises what a %$#@ he was.

How enlightening that you should mention the red plates. No one with blue plates would ever do that. Rolls eyes. By the way, what color were the plates on the SUV?

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”