Cure for peanut allergy?

Post by maryjane48 »

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Cure for peanut allergy?

Post by GordonH »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RCHYaLwLeBk
everyone can use a little humour
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol yes funny guy :130:
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Yes, in other words simply put, immunization. We knew this from the guys that injected snake venom in ever increasing amounts to full tolerance of. We knew this with food allergies as well... for those that don't buy into hysteria.

Allergies for the most part are, in my belief, from sanitized lifestyles. Ditch all the "Lysol" type cleaners that we are inundated with, sold through fear despite basic biological science, and just use soap or bleach 10:1 (or add a little more as the fabric commercial says.... so one will buy more lol) for 30 seconds. Bleach and dishsoap for sanitation is all that's needed.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Ranted a lil bit off topic
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Opeeved wrote:Yes, in other words simply put, immunization. We knew this from the guys that injected snake venom in ever increasing amounts to full tolerance of. We knew this with food allergies as well... for those that don't buy into hysteria.

Allergies for the most part are, in my belief, from sanitized lifestyles. Ditch all the "Lysol" type cleaners that we are inundated with, sold through fear despite basic biological science, and just use soap or bleach 10:1 (or add a little more as the fabric commercial says.... so one will buy more lol) for 30 seconds. Bleach and dishsoap for sanitation is all that's needed.

As well, the comedian mentioned don't worry that your child may have eaten a little dirt. Better to build a very strong immune system early.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

While I don't disagree that the possible cause of so many childhood respiratory allergies may be an overly sanitized environment, that's hardly a good explanation for the current prevalence of food allergies. And it's not just children who have the problem. The number of people developing food allergies and food sensitivities in adulthood is on the rise, and doctors don't know the reason.

I realize many folks think that all those experiencing adult onset issues with food are simply going through some sort of "fad", and in some cases that may be true, but there are far too many such cases to ignore the fact that there really are people developing previously unheard of food allergies and sensitivities later in life.

One theory is that we eat such poor diets that our gut bacteria goes "out of balance" and causes immune system issues. It's not proven, but it does seem to make sense. And this article on the peanut allergy cure appears to add weight to that argument. If so, while taking certain probiotics may help rebalance the gut bacteria, surely the best solution would be for us all to eat a better diet in the first place.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

If giving kids a wee bit of peanut (under medical supervision) helps improve their sensitivity to the nut, there is hope for the many other food sensitivities for a similar treatment. Some maybe not (like celiacs), but there are many who might benefit.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Silverstarqueen wrote:If giving kids a wee bit of peanut (under medical supervision) helps improve their sensitivity to the nut, there is hope for the many other food sensitivities for a similar treatment. Some maybe not (like celiacs), but there are many who might benefit.

1 of the issues about peanuts is over the years many of the former cotton fields in south. Have been turned into peanut farms, problem being in cotton growing some very nasty chemical are used & gets into ground.
Since peanuts grow under the ground & will absorb residue of those chemicals, some may be effected others not so much.

Return to “Health”